Make a difference in a family’s life!
Volunteers of America of Western New York, Inc. is a growing non-profit human services agency that has been serving families and individuals in need for more then 100 years. We are looking for talented individuals who are results oriented and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for the clients and communities we serve.
Volunteers of America’s continuum of residential programs offer homeless & low-income individuals and families safe housing and support services. We provide long-term solutions to the problems of homelessness, addiction, incarceration, and poverty by helping the people we serve overcome obstacles and develop healthier, more self-sufficient lives.
(0-23 Hours Per Week)
To facilitate program activities ensuring Volunteers of America of Western New York’s philosophy and practices are carried out in all areas of client care in conformance with HUD Supportive Housing Program (SHP) guidelines and other programmatic contracts.
The Resident Assistant plays an integral role by:
- Conducts rounds to ensure the safety and protection of residents, staff, and facility
- Inform Case Managers daily on progress and incidents to ensure clients understand Volunteers of America of Western New York, Inc. policies and shelter regulations
- Ensures the accuracy of records and logs in accordance to regulatory and agency guidelines
- Acts as a liaison with residents, outside agencies, and staff within Volunteers of America of Western New York, Inc.
- Process referrals as needed
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing phone calls
- Provides other assistance to residents and program staff as needed
- High School diploma or GED; Associate’s or experience in criminal justice setting preferred.
- One year previous experience in Human Service, Residential, or Security field
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- Customer service experience preferred
- Open availability and flexibility to meet customer demand and the needs of the business.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Completion of First Aid and CPR certification within the first ninety days of hire
Volunteers of America Western New York - 20 months ago