Resident Assistant II
Job Location :
FTR- Full Time
The Brightview Experience
... vibrant people creating vibrant communities
For over ten years, our Brightview communities have provided outstanding service and amenities coupled with personalized care for seniors. Some of our residents are seeking a vibrant retirement lifestyle in our independent living apartment homes, some require the services of assisted living and long-term care, still others find specialized Alzheimer's and memory care services in our "Wellspring Village". Across the range of our award-winning communities, Brightview has come to set the standard in senior living.
Located throughout the Mid-Atlantic and New England states, our communities boast top quality architectural design and amenities. But it's not just the beautiful gardens, elegant restaurant style dining, fitness centers, on-site salons, grand pianos, or even lively pubs that make our communities special. They're filled with caring and compassionate associates who take great pride in making a difference in the lives our residents each day. Join us and you'll discover a rewarding career as a part of a team of passionate professionals who feel great about the work they do and the people they do it with. In short, Brightview is simply a great place to live and a great place to work.
How you will serve our residents and our community:
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrate the STARS principles of S ervice, T eamwork, A ction, R eputation and S uccess in all activities and interactions.
- Assists residents with activities of daily living such as feeding, bathing, dressing, toileting, hygiene and mobility, as directed by their individual service plans.
- Where properly certified, may administer or assist with medications as needed, in strict accordance with both internal and external protocols and regulations.
- Monitors changes in residents’ functional status and personal care needs; documents observations and advises supervisors and/or clinical staff as appropriate.
- Assists in the development and updating of Resident Care Plans.
- Assists with laundry and light housekeeping tasks as needed.
- Assists with serving meals and bussing tables as needed.
- Chaperones activities outside the community as needed.
- Monitors the community and takes appropriate action to keep the environment safe, clean, and attractive for residents, guests and co-workers.
- Participates in and attend all in-service training and education programs as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
With our residents in mind, the right candidate will have:
- There are no supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification and a minimum of one year of experience in a senior care role.
- Certified as a Nursing Assistant, Medication Technician, Medication Assistant, or other State approved or State required training.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong customer orientation to older adults.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm and energy.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English.