Ecumen Lakeshore seeks a Resident Assistant to join its team. Ecumen Lakeshore consists of 140 independent living and assisted living rental apartment homes as well as 60 short stay rehab beds, 20 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services and is located in Duluth, Minnesota. Ecumen creates home for older adults wherever they choose to live. Our employees are dedicated to empowering our customers to lead richer, fuller lives and have consistently recognized Ecumen as a “Best Place to Work,” an award by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal.
This position is responsible for providing personal care and designated health-related services designed to maintain the resident’s physical and emotional well-being. Specific responsibilities include:
Responsibilities for all Ecumen Positions:
- Assist with treatments and activities of daily living as delegated by the Clinical Director per individualized care plan.
- Documents and reports changes in physical and emotional condition.
- Completes scheduled cleaning tasks.
- Lead and assist resident activities as assigned.
- Promotes independence with residents, offering choices and fostering self-help skills.
- Responds appropriately to safety hazards, fire drills and other emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Acting with Honor and Character
2. Honoring Brand
- Ethics and Values : Engages in open and honest dialogue with others. Treats individuals respectfully, professionally and fairly.
- Integrity and Trust . Shows consistency between words and actions. Protects confidential (and sensitive) information. Effectively handles emotions, including anger and frustration.
3. Creating the new and different
- Personal Alignment : Models commitment to Ecumen's mission, vision, values. Demonstrates an understanding of how their role contributes and adds value to their business unit and Ecumen.
- Drive and Initiative : Sets high standards for his or her performance. Accepts responsibility for taking initial action.
- Creativity : Is willing to challenge the status quo. Encourages others to try new methods and approaches. Supports his/her team, even when the initial efforts are unsuccessful.
- Customer and Team Focus : Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Involves others in shaping plans and making decisions that affect them. Uses customer perspective, feedback and data for decision making and improvements in service delivery. Reliably and consistently demonstrates timely follow through and responsiveness to customer needs and requests. Champions initiatives that drive increased customer satisfaction.
This position prefers a person who has previous related work experience. All Ecumen employees must possess the ability to communicate effectively, including written and verbal skills; work well, both individually and as part of a team, through respect, collaboration and dedication; and successfully interact with a diverse culture base. The successful candidate must be able to prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently, and demonstrate a positive attitude, high integrity and ethical awareness.
EOE/AA. Drug Free Workplace.
Ecumen - 6 months ago