The Resident Care Aide is responsible for meeting the daily personal care needs of residents with professionalism, dignity and respect. This position frequently requires timely management of multiple care tasks as well as discretion in carrying out responsibilities. Must support through words and actions the Mission, Vision and Values of the Wheaton Franciscan System.
- Attends to the personal care needs of residents in a timely manner and provides assistance with ADLs as requested by residents or directed by supervisor.
- Performs duties in alignment with FMI, HIPAA, property objectives and state licensure guidelines.
- Monitors the safety and well-being of residents.
- Reports changes in resident status, health or otherwise, to supervisor.
- Attends, participates and contributes to monthly staff meetings addressing resident and departmental needs.
- Supports and collaborates with other departments to provide a seamless continuum of resident care.
- Works with team members, offering support and assistance as needed to carry out tasks and meet scheduled timelines.
- Responsible for cleaning common areas, occupied and vacant apartments in accordance with FMI policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- One year experience in geriatric health or retirement facility is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong self-management and organization skills.
- Strong multi-tasking abilities with the ability to handle competing deadlines, flexible and adaptable (open to change).
- Ability to effectively handle difficult and sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Current Medication Administration certification from designated state agency.
- CNA preferred.
Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital - 14 months ago