Coordinates and facilitates the timely and accurate completion of both the RAI and Care Management process from admission to discharge in accordance to Company P&Ps, MPGs, State and Federal guidelines, and all other entities as appropriate. May coordinate information systems operations and education for the clinical department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Works in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team to assess the needs of the resident
- Works in conjunction with direction from the Regional Care Management Coordinator
- Coordinates and manages the daily Care Management meeting, to include review of resident care and the setting of the Assessment Reference Date
- Enforces accurate and timely Resident assessments according to state and federal regulations
- Designates responsibility for completing sections of the assessment to the interdisciplinary team
- Completes accurate coding of the MDS with information obtained via medical record review as well as observation and interview with facility staff, resident, and family members
- Maintains the tracking system of MDS schedules (timeframes and due dates)
- Maintains the frequent and accurate data entry of resident information into appropriate computerized MDS programs
- Coordinates care plan conferences with the interdisciplinary team, residents and families
- Obtain, review and maintain all State and Federal reports, making appropriate corrections timely
- Coordinates education related to the RAI/Care Management process for the facility
- Coordinates the electronic submission of required documentation to the State database and other entities (e.g. Pro-Tracking, LTCQ, etc.), per company policy and State and Federal regulations
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations
- Attends Interdisciplinary Team meetings and other meetings in order to gather information, communicate changes, and maintain and update records
- Contacts Medicare Beneficiary Hotline per company policy
- Continually updating knowledge base related to data entry and computer technology
- Participates in quality assurance activities
- Completion of AANAC Certificate program within the first six months of employment
- Contacts Medicare Beneficiary Hotline per company policy and RCMD direction
- Completes electronic submission of required documentation to the State database and other entities per company policy
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands & Environment
- Registered Nurse with health care experience in an a long-term care facility (may be an LPN/LVN with approval from the facility NHA and appropriate District/Regional staff)
- Knowledge of Medicare process preferred
- Knowledge and experience of the RAI process required
Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk, and hear. Employee will occasionally assist to lift and/or transfer patients weighing between 100 to 250 pounds. Employee may occasionally be exposed to blood or other body fluids. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sava Senior Care - 15 months ago
SavaSeniorCare has a flair for elder care. The privately held company operates about 190 skilled nursing and assisted living facilities...