American Campus Communities (ACC) holds the Resident Director (RD) responsible for the individual and collective development of all students of an apartment community . The RD reports to the General Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned) :
Community Assistant (CA) Staff
- Supervison of the CA staff, including scheduling, training, developing, and performance evaluation
- Conduct weekly meetings
- Conduct bi-weekly individual meetings
Life Safety of Employees and Residents
- Live on-site, being available for after hours on-call response
- Provide crisis prevention and intervention
Student and Community Development
- Coordinate Monthly Newsletter
- Implement educational programming model
- Implement social events
- Oversee Community Council
- Oversee student and community development by CA staff
- Handle student discipline and policy enforcement
Facility Management and Operations
- Assist in daily operations, including providing staffing during Office Hours
- Knowledgeable of the opening/closing procedures
- Knowledgeable within the areas of leasing, vendor relations, and the budget
- Administrative duties as assigned
- Serve as ACC representative and liaison in all interactions
- Assist in corporate projects as requested
- Serve as Public Relations representative to all interested parties
- Maintain ongoing communications with university officials
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelors degree in business; or 2 years experience in the student/multi-family housing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience and/or skills in residence life, student development, wellness programming, events planning, crisis prevention and intervention.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business/financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, prospective tenants, or members of management. Ability to write business correspondence and proposals that conform to prescribed style and format of the Company.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Email, Internet, Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; and Property management (Timberline) software.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. The employee may infrequently drive a vehicle (intrastate and interstate travel) or be subject to air travel for purposes of Company business.
American Campus Communities - 13 months ago
American Campus Communities (ACC) actually does most of its business off campus. The self-managed real estate investment trust (REIT) owns...