To collaborate with students, faculty, and staff to develop a Christ centered living, learning environment.
Three positions available:
- Wiley Hall (Male RD)
- Nease Hall (Female RD)
- Colony Off Campus Apartment Complex (Male or Female RD)
For information on each Hall – http://www.pointloma.edu/experience/community/student-life/residential-life-housing/residential-halls-apartments
- Be an active, participating member of the Residential Life team.
- Mentor a team of Resident Assistants (RAs). Conduct regularly scheduled RA meetings. Consult with individual RA’s in their interactions with residents.
- Assist with Residential Life’s RA training and development.
- Actively support the Office of Spiritual Development.
- Strategically seek out ways to collaborate with other departments on campus to offer holistic, educational, and developmental programming for student residents through a variety of seminars, studies, and activities.
- Be an active and creative participant in the Student Conduct process. This includes confronting and responding to incidents as they develop and walking alongside students through the ensuing process.
- Work with appropriate departments on campus to ensure that residents are provided satisfactory, clean, organized, and safe conditions in the residence hall.
- Maintain open communication with other departments on campus and refer students as necessary.
- Prioritize and complete administrative and operational tasks.
- Establish visibility, availability and approachability with students by being present in the residence hall and on the main campus.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Dean of Students.
- Prefer Masters completed or in process in one of the following areas: College Student Affairs, Higher Education, Counseling, Ministry, or Education. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must possess: a significant commitment to a growing relationship with Christ; an understanding of and commitment to the spiritual mission of PLNU ; an understanding and support of the mission, values, and spirit of Christian higher education; an understanding and full support of the basic tenets of Wesleyan theology and the Church of the Nazarene.
- Committed to professional development.
- Strong administrative and team skills: organization, time management, self discipline, self-motivation, collaboration, independence.
- Experience managing a budget.
- Proficient with computer/technology including MS Office.
- Comfort with and skill in the context of confrontation, accountability, and discipline.
- Previous management experience helpful.
- Must have an understanding of college life and issues. Must possess leadership abilities, helping skills, conflict resolution experience and be adaptable and flexible.
- Demonstrated knowledge of specific developmental issues faced by college students and ability to use these concepts in decision making and planning.
Physical Demands (if applicable):
Standing and sitting for periods greater than one hour. Use of computer equipment: computer keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Vision to read documents, e-mail and other correspondence, and reports on paper and computer monitor. Hearing and speaking to communicate effectively with others in person and by phone. Will also stand, stoop, push, pull, and lift up to 10 lbs throughout the day.
Varies depending upon the position.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Point Loma Nazarene University - 9 months ago