A’viands Food Service Management Company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Resident District Manager for a property located in Yankton, South Dakota. Minimum requirements include Certification of Dietary Managers course, as well as knowledge/experience with the Department of Corrections.
- Supervises food storage, production and service programs.
- Experience and knowledge with the Department of Corrections and Healthcare regulatory compliance and policies.
- Supervision and training of trustee labor workforce
- Maintains inventory system for food and supplies.
- Ensures food preparation for optimal nutrition and economic handling of food as well as efficient usage of time.
- Checks food for flavor, temperature, and appearance on a regular basis.
- Makes frequent inspections of all work, storage, and servicing areas to determine that regulations and directions governing Foodservice activities are followed including compliance with safety and sanitation.
- Plans and/or conducts and retains records of monthly staff meetings, employee training and/or in services.
- Assisting with menu development and SureQuest management of therapeutic diets including, sodium controlled diabetic diets, low fat/low cholesterol etc.
- Assist in quality assurance projects
- Completion of other task assigned by the District Manager
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Providing training for diet clerks on nutritional data software program.
- Work with Field Support Dietitian on menus and therapeutic diets.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Healthcare/Correctional food service management.
- Certified Dietary Manager/Department of Corrections knowledge or experience
- Ability to travel
- Multi- unit supervisory and support to other satellite locations and Foodservice Directors
- Must have cooking knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrated ability to teach others is required.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to individuals and groups with widely varying backgrounds, perspectives, education, and skills is required.
- Excellent work record, superior communication, cooperation, and organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising large staff required.
A'viands is based in Roseville, Minnesota and provides services to senior living facilities, nursing homes, correctional facilities, colleges and universities, school districts and business dining facilities in the Midwest and Southwest. We offer a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement and generous 401K. If you have the passion to grow with a dynamic organization, we encourage you to apply now!
Aviands Food & Services Management - 13 months ago