Resident Programs Coordinator
Job Number: 69374
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. (BSL) a publicly traded company (NYSE: BKD)
Want to become a member of our professional team and work for one of the largest senior living providers in the United States?
Consider joining our team at the Sterling House of Arkansas City, KS!!
One Company - One Mission - One Voice. Good people make the difference and are the key to the company’s success. Brookdale Senior Living operates over 640 locations in 35 states and employs approximately 47,000 full and part time associates and serves nearly 72,000 residents. BSL offers its residents access to a full continuum of services. - independent living, assisted living, retirement centers / continuing care retirement communities ( CCRC ) and management services.
Immediate Opening: Resident Programs Coordinator
Related Job Titles: Life Enrichment Coordinator, Activities Coordinator
Job Number: 69374
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Sterling House Arkansas City--402 Windsor Road, Arkansas City, KS 67005
Contact: Kathy Ziegler
The Resident Programs Coordinator will plan, implement, and monitor recreation programs for our 60 residents. He/She will ensure resident lives are maintained to the fullest extent possible by providing activities and contacts within the community.
Key responsibilities include:
We seek the following qualifications:
- Plan, Implement and monitor programs to meet the specific needs of each and all residents
- Ensure residents’ lives are maintained to the fullest extent possible by providing activities and contacts with the communityDesigning a creative and exciting life enrichment program to meet the individual needs and interests of the residents
- Planning life enrichment calendar each month for each resident; included providing one-to-one programming for residents who cannot participate in a group setting
- Participating in the review of individual residents’ service plans and regularly documenting life enrichment progress
- Coordinating the transportation of residents to and from events outside of the residence, which may include driving a residence motor vehicle
- Monitoring life enrichment budget, equipment, and supplies
- Providing guidance and acting as a resource to staff on the importance of life enrichment and other areas regarding the quality of life for residents
- Ensuring that Life Enrichment Programs meet all state, federal, and other regulations
- Coordinating quarterly special events at the residence
- Developing and maintaining contact with community agencies and organizations
- Training and supervising volunteers
- Encouraging teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers
HOW TO APPLY : Please send your updated resume to KZiegler@brookdaleliving.com or apply online at www.brookdalecareers.com .
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience in Assisted Living/Activities planning
- Work well with other team members
- Be a quality leadership team member
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have a basic knowledge of PC’s, typing skills and Microsoft Windows* Must be an organized and motivated person who is creative and willing to work in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- Must have excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills
- Must be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization, as well as effectively communicate in English and understand/follow written/oral instructions
- Must have basic typing skills along with basic knowledge of computer and word processing software, preferably in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Must be available some evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must enjoy working with the senior population
Brookdale Senior Living is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug free work place.
coordinator, health, health care, healthcare, life enrichment coordinator recreational therapist, recreational therapist, social work, therapist, therapy, volunteer program
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. - 24 months ago
Over the brook, and through the dale to grandmother's house we go! Brookdale Senior Living operates assisted and independent living...