Resident Programs Coordinator
Job Number: 69342
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. (BSL) a publicly traded company (NYSE: BKD)
Want to become a member of our professional team and work for one of the largest senior living providers in the United States?
Consider joining our team at Broadway Plaza at Westover Hills located in Fort Worth, TX!!
One Company - One Mission - One Voice. Good people make the difference and are the key to the company’s success. Brookdale Senior Living operates over 640 locations in 35 states and employs approximately 47,000 full and part time associates and serves nearly 72,000 residents. BSL offers its residents access to a full continuum of services. - independent living, assisted living, retirement centers / continuing care retirement communities ( CCRC ) and management services.
Immediate Opening: Resident Programs Coordinator
Related Job Titles: Life Enrichment Coordinator, Activities Coordinator
Job Number: 69342
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Broadway Plaza at Westover Hills - 6201 Plaza Parkway; Fort Worth, TX 76116
Location Web Address: http://www.brookdaleliving.com/broadway-plaza-at-westover-hills.aspx
Contact: Arthur Silva
The Resident Programs Coordinator will plan, implement, and monitor recreation programs for our 60 residents. He/She will ensure resident lives are maintained to the fullest extent possible by providing activities and contacts within the community.
Key responsibilities include:
* Designing a creative and exciting life enrichment program to meet the individual needs and interests of the residents
* Planning life enrichment calendar each month for each resident; included providing one-to-one programming for residents who cannot participate in a group setting
* Participating in the review of individual residents’ service plans and regularly documenting life enrichment progress
* Coordinating the transportation of residents to and from events outside of the residence, which may include driving a residence motor vehicle
* Monitoring life enrichment budget, equipment, and supplies
* Providing guidance and acting as a resource to staff on the importance of life enrichment and other areas regarding the quality of life for residents
* Ensuring that Life Enrichment Programs meet all state, federal, and other regulations
* Coordinating quarterly special events at the residence
* Developing and maintaining contact with community agencies and organizations
* Training and supervising volunteers
* Encouraging teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers
We seek the following qualifications:
* Must have a minimum of 1 year experience in Assisted Living/Activities planning
* Must have valid driver license to drive company van to take residents on outings
* Must be an organized and motivated person who is creative and willing to work in a multi-disciplinary team setting
* Must have excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills
* Must be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization, as well as effectively communicate in English and understand/follow written/oral instructions
* Must have basic typing skills along with basic knowledge of computer and word processing software, preferably in a Microsoft Windows environment
* Must be available some evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Must enjoy working with the senior population
If you want a rewarding career enriching the lives of those we serve with compassion, respect, and excellence, we invite you to consider Brookdale Senior Living. Discover more about Brookdale Senior Living at BrookdaleLiving.com.
HOW TO APPLY : Please send your updated resume to Arthur Silva at ASilva@brookdaleliving.com or apply online at www.brookdalecareers.com using Job Number 69342.
Brookdale Senior Living is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug free work place.
coordinator, health, health care, healthcare, life enrichment coordinator recreational therapist, recreational therapist, social work, therapist, therapy, volunteer program, Fort Worth, TX
A career with Brookdale has never been more rewarding. As a senior living solutions company, Brookdale is committed to providing the best...