Resident Programs Coordinator
Job Number: 66492a
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. (BSL) a publicly traded company (NYSE: BKD)
Want to become a member of our professional team and work for one of the largest senior living providers in the United States?
Consider joining our team at The Village of Meyerland located in Houston, TX!!!
One Company - One Mission - One Voice. Good people make the difference and are the key to the company’s success. Brookdale Senior Living operates over 640 locations in 36 states and employs approximately 47,000 full and part time associates and serves nearly 72,000 residents. BSL offers its residents access to a full continuum of services. - independent living, assisted living, retirement centers / continuing care retirement communities ( CCRC ) and management services.
Immediate Opening: Resident Programs Coordinator
Related Job Titles: Life Enrichment Coordinator, Activities Coordinator
Job Number: 66492a
Job Type: Full Time
Location: The Village of Meyerland - 4141 North Braeswood Boulevard; Houston, TX 77025
Location Web Address: http://www.brookdaleliving.com/village-tanglewood.aspx
Contact: Darren Skrehot
The Resident Programs Coordinator will plan, implement, and monitor recreation programs to meet the specific needs of each and all residents. Ensure residents’ lives are maintained to the fullest extent possible by providing activities and contacts with the community.
Key responsibilities include:
* Designing a creative and exciting life enrichment program to meet the individual needs and interests of the residents
* Planning a life enrichment calendar each month for each resident; included providing one-to-one programming for residents who cannot participate in a group setting
* Participating in the review of individual residents’ service plans and regularly documenting life enrichment progress
* Participating in discharge planning with other members of the management team
* Working with community on outside programs
* Coordinating the transportation of residents to and from events outside of the residence, which may include driving a residence motor vehicle
* Monitoring life enrichment budget, equipment, and supplies
* Providing guidance and acting as a resource to staff on the importance of life enrichment and other areas regarding the quality of life for residents
* Ensuring that Life Enrichment Programs meet all state, federal, and other regulations
* Coordinating quarterly special events at the residence
* Developing and maintaining contact with community agencies and organizations
We seek the following qualifications:
* Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in healthcare with Life Enrichment or Activities with seniors
* Supervisory and management experience preferred
* Must have excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills
* Must have a Driver’s License with a good driving history
* Must hae basic typing skills along with basic knowledge of computer and word processing software, preferably in a Microsoft Windows environment
* Must be available some evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Must enjoy working with the senior population
If you want a rewarding career enriching the lives of those we serve with compassion, respect, and excellence, we invite you to consider Brookdale Senior Living. Discover more about Brookdale Senior Living at BrookdaleLiving.com.
HOW TO APPLY : Please send your updated resume to Darren Skrehot at Darren.Skrehot@brookdaleliving.com or apply online at www.BrookdaleCareers.com using Job Number 66492a.
Brookdale Senior Living is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug free work place.
coordinator, health, health care, healthcare, life enrichment coordinator recreational therapist, recreational therapist, social work, therapist, therapy, volunteer program, Houston, TX
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. - 17 months ago
Over the brook, and through the dale to grandmother's house we go! Brookdale Senior Living operates assisted and independent living...