Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. is the industry-leading manufacturer of high performance mobile electronics, founded in 1978. Alpine is the only manufacturer specializing in mobile multimedia, an integrated system approach incorporating digital entertainment, security and navigation products for your mobile entertainment. As a consolidated subsidiary of Alps Electric Co., Ltd., one of the world's premier manufacturers of electronic components for computer, communications and car electronic equipment, Alpine is the specialized supplier of quality mobile electronics systems.
The Resident Engineer functions as a liaison between our customer and our Detroit office by providing engineering support for the development of Alpine products onsite at the customer location. The Resident Engineer supports the customer’s needs by timely communicating with all related departments and effectively integrating all aspects of design through multi-disciplinary engineering. The Engineer will split his time between the Alpine Farmington Hills office and the customer location.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to the following:
• Support product development teams on all customer related activities
• Communicate with Alpine Japan for customer related concerns and requests
• Maintains PAP, Schedule, and documentation on engineering price changes
• Takes direction from program engineers and supports assigned engineering tasks
• Facilitate customer based electronic systems (CN’s, ECIMS, PSO’s, PPAP, etc)
• Interpret and analyze system, customer and vehicle interface specifications to determine impact on the functional design content of the system
• Writes test plans and conducts software and hardware evaluation of products and systems
• Debug and root cause electrical, mechanical, and vehicle network issues
• Prototype vehicle build support, system tuning and trouble shooting
• Support DFMEA, packaging and mechanical design issues and reviews
• Create and maintain overall mechanization drawings for each application
• Conducts system and bench testing of audio systems as required
• Supports on-site manufacturing and launch issues
• Stays informed of the latest technology
The desired engineer will have a BSEE with minimum 3yrs automotive OEM experience with audio, RF, navigation and/or telematics education or experience along with:
• Excellent problem solving capability
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong organization and documentation abilities
• At least 2 years of Chrysler product development experience required (OEM or Supplier Position)
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• General competency in the core fields of mechanical, electrical, controls, and software
• Working knowledge of analog and digital circuit design and simulation techniques
• Working Knowledge of tools (oscilloscopes, network analyzers, function generators)
• Experience with CANoe, CANalyzer and other bus logging tools is a plus
• Experience with vehicle acoustics or good knowledge of car/home audio desired
We offer competitive salaries with an excellent and comprehensive benefits package and a great work environment. Alpine values its members as individuals, and is committed to forming an energetic and attractive company where the quality of work is enhanced.
Alpine Electronics, Inc. is one of the world's leading car audio, mobile electronics, and navigation systems companies. Alpine is the only...