Resident Service Coordinator
The Resident Service Coordinator is responsible for the improving the viability of the housing development and improve the quality of life for residents. This is accomplished by increasing residents’ access to services and by facilitating their participation in programs that enhance their physical, social, and mental well-being.
- Provide general assistance and advocacy related to supportive and social services to all residents; provide up-to-date information and clarification regarding programs such as Medicare, Medicaid, entitlements, and formal supportive and social services.
- Develop and maintain linkages with community resources such as the Area Agency on Aging in order to remain current regarding information and services available to address resident needs.
- Act as liaison with local care providers and hospitals to ensure successful discharge from care facilities and return transition of residents to their apartments.
- Work cooperatively with residents and their families when planning for relocation to a nursing home or other long-term care facility is required.
- Promote a positive social climate that fosters residents’ psychosocial well-being by developing, implementing, and monitoring educational, recreational, and therapeutic programs for resident participation.
- Address the social and recreational needs of the senior community with the assistance and participation of the resident.
- Identify leaders among the residents to volunteer to manage aspects of the service program and social and recreational functions in the development. Encourage volunteerism.
- Educate residents to services available on-site and in the community.
- Create new services or increase the availability of existing services to meet resident needs.
- Empower residents to meet their own needs through education, training, and accessing services for themselves.
- Create and distribute brochures, newsletter.
- Document contact with residents, providers, and families. Keep resident files current.
- Prepare reports regarding service provision and update service plan in accordance with governing bodies
- Ability to work with people from ethnically and socio-economically diverse backgrounds
- Sensitivity to issues facing family and youth populations
- Ability to troubleshoot and prioritize work
- Ability to remain calm and composed in stressful situations and exercise crisis
- Resolution skills where appropriate
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Capacity to operate independently and resourcefully, taking initiative and exercising own judgment for majority of work
- Good analytical, problem-solving, and follow through skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced team environment
- Knowledge of community resources and services, with particular emphasis in family and youth
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Publisher, Internet
WinnCompanies Corporate Culture & Benefits:
Founded in 1971, WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized owner, developer and manager of real estate. Our company is over three thousand employees strong, with a presence in 23 states.
We emphasize innovative thinking, value each employee as an individual and offer the chance to share in our dedication to quality and drive for excellence.
WinnCompanies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages diversity within the workplace. We are incredibly diverse with 47% of our workforce comprising of women or minorities. Here, you'll enjoy an excellent salary and benefits package in addition to strong career potential in a progressive and growing company.
We offer competitive Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance benefits; in addition to a generous 401(k) plan that includes a 100% vested employer match upon hire.
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace.
Learn more about us at, www.winnco.com