About the Role and Responsibilities
Location: Cincinnati, OH
About the Role:
As a "Trusted Advisor", a Resident Support Account Manager will foster strong relationships between McAfee and its customer and will be relied upon to provide advice and recommendations, based upon their own experience and expertise, for McAfee products across all levels of an organization. The RSAM will be an on-site McAfee resource, dedicated to the needs of one customer. They serve as a customer advocate to support the proper functioning of McAfee products deployed throughout the organization. They coordinate the McAfee team and resources needed to resolve issues that prevent the proper operation of products in production. With a goal to support continued renewals and product purchases, they will think strategically and recognize opportunities for revenue generation and competitive displacement, and share that information with their Sales team.
- Monitor and manage each of their customers' issues daily with emphasis on progressing cases towards resolution and having the appropriate resources involved
- Collaborate, communicate and coordinate with customers, Product Specialists, Tier III, Development and Management as required to ensure customers' satisfaction
- Provide weekly status update summary to the customer for all of their current open issues and copy the customer's sales representative on those updates
- Represent customers' interest when they need a patch, hotfix or FMR at all levels within our organization
- Provide customer with proactive communication regarding program information, supportability issues and strategic product plans.
- Help identify, recommend, and implement improvements in existing processes and procedures related to the proper functioning of McAfee products.
- Provide information to update the Customer Hotlist / Watchlist entries weekly or as status changes
- Ensure internal and customer service level agreements are met for all issues
- Assist in maintaining effective and efficient communication between customers, sales, McAfee management, and Product Specialists
- Provide customers with monthly and quarterly Executive Summary Reports and host conference calls as needed for the customer and McAfee virtual team to discuss past or current issues. Work with the customer during these sessions to establish customer agreement with severity and impact assigned to issues.
- Communicate customer's case escalations after theses sessions to management so they can be presented to Tier III for inclusion on escalations to development
- Maintain personal technical competency level of McAfee products deployed suitable to clearly understand customer issues and to facilitate effective resolution
- Work with the customer and provide product reports as required.
- Review product configuration and advise on best practices when required
Required Experience/Skills & Education:
Securing Your Digital World™ McAfee believes that amazing things can be accomplished by diverse teams of talented individuals. Share your talents with us in the dynamic security industry and experience the meaningful, interesting work that is waiting for you.
- Must Have Experience Supporting McAfee Product Line
- Minimum five years applicable experience, of those three years must be experience in relationship or customer management in a technical environment with named or dedicated accounts
- Experience in management of technical projects requiring coordination of various resources for successful outcome
- Strong working knowledge of the McAfee Security product line
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution, especially in computer science, mathematics, or a related field, is required
- CompTIA Security, CISSP, PMP, and/or CISM Certification preferred and possibly required for continued employment
- Strong knowledge of data security hardware, software, and management platforms with an understanding and emphasis on installation, troubleshooting, upgrading, integration, and maintenance of client/server operations is desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong personal interaction, presentation and telephone interaction skills at the business professional services level
- Strong personal computing skills in Windows 2000/XP and Windows Server 2003
- Ability to multitask and prioritize job requirements in a dynamic environment
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance may be required
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Click here for full EEO statement.
Job: Sales Support
Primary Location: NA-USA-IL-Lisle
Position Number: 882338
McAfee - 2 years ago
McAfee puts a virtual padlock on IT resources. The company sells network security products that protect computers, networks, and mobile...