Reports to the supervisor, residential living. Responsible for providing proper guidance to students to ensure positive group living relations and achievement in the program, in compliance with Department of Labor (DOL) and Management & Training Corporation (MTC) directives.
1. Provide guidance for students to achieve a positive attitude and proper behavior in dormitory living situation and to accomplish their goals and objectives.
2. As needed, coordinate, recommend and arrange for students to meet with the counselor.
3. Direct dorm activities as designated including dorm government and dorm court.
4. Patrol and monitor dormitories and center as required ensuring safety and proper behavior of students; resolving potential or occurring problems.
5. Assist with recreational activities for students; on / off-center as requested.
6. Prepare the morning report; pass list and other administrative correspondence relating to students.
7. Direct students and assist in the cleanup and maintenance of the dormitory.
8. Ensure that the dormitories you are assigned have adequate supplies so that students can have a clean and livable environment.
9. Conduct group sessions in accordance with the schedule. As assigned, participate in and conduct orientation activities.
10. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
11. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
12. Support and promote center zero tolerance policies.
13. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both the positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
14. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements :
High School diploma plus a minimum of (1) year applicable experience working with youth can be substituted for college experience. College Experience preferred. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record. May be required to obtain commercial driver’s license.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic, vocational,...