General Statement of Duties: To provide direct care service to individuals living in supervised residential settings and to do so in a manner that promotes growth, independence and dignity for those individuals served.
1. Attend to the daily needs of consumers on an individual basis as well as foster increased independence and self-determination.
2. Teach socialization skills and activities of daily living including: household maintenance; self-care and hygiene; self-awareness and human development, menu planning, food shopping and preparation; money management skills/budgeting; transportation and community orientation; consumer skills; and utilization of community resources.
3. Assist in the development and implementation of Individual Service Plans (ISPs) including implementation of behavioral objective plans.
4. Participate in ISP meetings, quarterly reviews and other meetings as required by supervisor.
5. Supervise and document self-administration of consumer medications as well as administer and document consumer medications as prescribed by a physician in accordance with agency and program procedures.
6. Record and appropriately utilize necessary data, daily progress notes, staff log and complete all other ISP and program required documentation.
7. Transport consumers to and from day programs, medical appointments and other activities as required.
8. Provide opportunities for leisure time activities and foster independence in the choice and participation of those activities.
9. Organize, develop and implement group and individual activities which serve to integrate the lives of consumers with members of their community.
10. Fulfill case management responsibilities as assigned by program manager, including those related to medical and legal concerns.
11. Ensure client safety and comply with program standards for staff coverage, including assistance to the Administrator-On-Call whenever possible.
12. Act as consumer advocate and role model.
13. Provide a supportive environment that includes opportunities for consumers to determine, to the fullest extent possible, personal preferences for daily schedules and routines.
14. Maintain knowledge of ongoing program issues and developments as well as informing supervisor of program issues and concerns.
15. Communicate in a professional manner.
16. Perform other related work duties as needed or as assigned by program manager or designee.
17. Perform duties consistent with program and agency policies and procedures.
18. Execute duties to reflect reasonable safety standards. Universal/standard precautions must be utilized and training obtained in areas that constitute risk.
BAMSI, Inc. - 4 months ago