Assists in maintaining milieu and providing client centered care for clients and acts as a shift lead.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for reviewing pass down information obtained from Resident Counselor III.
- Acts as shift coordinator.
- Conducts psycho-educational groups.
- Participates in milieu related meetings (i.e., level change, house meetings, etc.).
- Performs case management duties as directed.
- Answers all calls and directs accordingly.
- Responsible for appropriately charting significant events that occur regarding client treatment during assigned shift.
- Ensures that all doors are locked and secure throughout the assigned shift.
- Responsible for assigning transportation services as needed and/or directed.
- Responsible for conducting room searches and communicating the need for urine drug screenings to outside medical services as necessary.
- Escalates issues and/or concerns regarding residents to Lead Resident Counselor.
- Monitors resident computer and telephone usage.
- Assists with the admissions process.
- Performs ground checks every 30 (thirty) minutes throughout shift.
- Performs all other duties as required or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to inspire client confidence in the FRN Staff and the FRN Model of Treatment.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate through conduct and communications the stability required to effectively assist clients and their family members through the FRN Model of Treatment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills. Position continually requires demonstrated professionalism, tact and diplomacy.
- Must have general knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing and spreadsheets (MS Word, Excel).
- Understanding of diverse cultures and gender specific issues and the ability to incorporate needs of gender and culturally diverse groups into the organization.
- Understands need for and maintains appropriate confidentiality at all times when interacting with clients, residents, families, visitors, referral sources and all other contacts.
- Must possess a current, valid drivers license and have the ability to obtain a Class B license.
- Must possess current CPR/First Aid certification.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED required, two years college preferred.
- Licensed or certified as a chemical dependency counselor required and/or registered to become license or certified also required
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Healthcare field.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Position requires some work on the computer requiring manual dexterity and visual acuity.
- Sits, stands, walks, and moves intermittently during work hours.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- 13 months ago - save job