For over 100 years, Community Resources for Justice has cared for and supported some of our most challenged residents.
Whether transitioning offenders back into mainstream society, diverting at-risk youth away from crime and toward productive and fulfilling lives, or providing those with intellectual disabilities with a chance to grow and flourish in the community, CRJ welcomes and fosters change.
Additionally, our research and consulting services advance evidence-based practices that inform systems-level change while our community-based programs promote public safety and individual growth for some of society’s most challenged individuals.
Our Community Strategies division offers residential and community-based services to adults with developmental disabilities, providing our clients the security and support needed to reach their full potential. Families and state social services departments are important partners in creating individual programs to improve living skills and foster independence, including becoming active participants in their communities.
At CRJ, our employees believe that society gains when all people are given the support and tools to lead responsible, productive and dignified lives.
The Residential Counselor is responsible for providing support services to four-five individuals in a community based dwelling as well as assisting with routine maintenance and operation of the residence.
May perform one of more of the following :
- Implement activities of daily living (ADL’s), individual service plan (ISP) objectives, behavior plans, and involves individuals in social/recreational activities within their communities.
- Provide job coaching as needed and ensures the safety of all individuals and the general public.
- Promote a high quality of living in all areas, including medication administration, meal preparation, housekeeping, personal hygiene, and leisure and recreation.
- Provide transportation of individuals to any scheduled appointments and/or social activities.
- Record progress notes for each individual daily.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and participate in developing individual plans.
- Model appropriate behaviors and reactions for individuals residing in program.
- Perform other job-related projects and activities as requested or directed.
- Customer Focus
- Communication Skills
- Continuous Development
- Team Effectiveness
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Process Improvement
Ability to calmly and patiently manage threatening and assaultive situations
Ability to act appropriately in the event of an emergency
Willingness to deal with intimate, personal issues
Extended standing, lifting
Ability to stay awake (night shift)
Special Work Conditions: Knowledge/Skills/Experience Required:
Ability to work in an intimate home setting. Knowledge of the following: Medication Administration, Certification in CPR and First Aid, OSHA guidelines, Human Rights, Pro-Active Alternatives for Change (PAC). Must possess driver’s license and have a reliable vehicle.
High School diploma and at least two years relevant work in related field.
Community Resources for Justice - 14 months ago