Rogers Memorial Hospital, the area's leader in behavioral health services, is looking for a full time Residential Counselor to join our Child/Adolescent Residential Center on the Day/PM shift.
The Residential Counselor works with the respective program manager and director of Residential Services (a.k.a., program director) to assist in overseeing the residents'' care, programming, activities and other related services to meet their physical, emotional and spiritual needs. This position will deal with residents'' ages from 8 years to geriatric.
1. Bachelor''s Degree in Human Services field preferred (psychology, sociology, social work).
2. Be eighteen (18) years of age, or older. Experience working with the identified population is preferred.
3. Hold a valid Wisconsin driver''s license. May be required to have driving record approved by the Hospital''s insurance carrier.
4. Nursing assistant certification is preferred, but not required.
5. American Heart Association CPR certification or American Red Cross Professional Rescue needs to be obtained within thirty (30) days of employment start date.
6. Have a minimum of two (2) years'' experience in a mental health facility.
7. First-aid training is required within ninety (90) days of employment.
8. CBRF fire safety training is required within ninety (90) days of employment.
9. Age-specific training for the population served.
Rogers Memorial Hospital - 14 months ago
Rogers Memorial Hospital is a non-for-profit mental health care provider offering child, adolescent, adult and older adult acute care, child...