Facilitate the provision of home-based supports and community resources for individuals with developmental disabilities, utilizing a team-based approach. Promote individual growth in the areas of choice and decision-making, community membership, relationships and personal accomplishments.
- High School diploma/GED.
- Experience with individuals with special needs preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to community based supports for individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Able to meet required certification for First Aid, CPR and Medication Administration.
- Able to meet required competency level in Microsoft Office Software.
- Demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm in supporting individuals in creative and innovative ways.
- Provide direct service support as assigned, in response to the needs of the individuals.
- Provide direct care teaching and modeling to individuals as needed.
- Provide support and assistance to individuals necessary for them to attain their personal objectives related to community membership.
- Provide support and assistance to individuals necessary for them to develop and maintain relationships with others.
- Promote individual choice and self-expression based upon quality service principles.
- Assist in development of Individual Support Plan.
- Provide required assistance with any personal care routines as needed.
- Complete and maintain documentation as required.
- Provide transportation as needed in response to individual schedules and desired activities.
- Assist individual(s) in maintaining their home(s) in a safe, clean, and comfortable manner.
- Ensure the legal, civil, and human rights of individuals supported.
- Ensure that individuals are treated with respect and dignity at all times, and maintain confidentiality regarding their records and other information.
- Participate in professional development activities and training necessary to enhance skills and maintain certification.
- Participate in staff meetings, group and individual supervision and case reviews.
- Maintain compliance with all Kennedy-Donovan Center policies and procedures, DMR regulations, requirements and quality service standards.
- Perform other job-related responsibilities as assigned.
Kennedy Donovan Center - 17 months ago
Kennedy Donovan Center, Inc is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1969. Our mission is to support individuals and families with...