General duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Coordinate and design electric and gas service installations/upgrades/remodels and line extensions for residential customers
2. Provide exceptional customer service at all times during the course of coordinating service requests
3. Conduct field surveying for the design and installation for each job, including staking pole locations and locating buried utilities
4. Perform designer tasks in Work Manager
5. Develop job sketches using Designer/GIS for construction packages specifying material, equipment and labor requirements for each job
6. Perform As-builts in Designer/GIS
7. Communicate design issues and requirements with team members, customers and other supporting areas within CPS Energy
8. Manage and prioritize workload to meet customers’ required timelines
9. Coordinate and obtain all required easements, permits and Contributions in Aid Of Construction (CIAC)
10. Perform other duties as assigned and related administrative tasks
Key Behavioral Principals:
• One Company Mindset:
Focuses on whole business, putting CPS Energy first and looking beyond the interests of department, location, or individual; shares resources across organizational boundaries to produce results for CPS Energy and form high performance teams; standardizes processes, procedures, and implements best practices; values the contribution, commitment, and ownership of others.
• Engagement and Sense of Urgency:
Maintains focus on results, intensity, and persistence, even when times are tough; exhibits a bias for action, going beyond what is expected; demonstrates a strong sense of purpose and willingness to work hard, and takes pride in overcoming challenges to produce results; demonstrates willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done, in accordance with CPS Energy values and behavioral principles, and leads others to do the same; demonstrates commitment to continuous improvement of the business; builds trust and loyalty through open and honest communication.
Formally and informally ensured that employee, customer and the community’s safety was a primary focus. Created a working environment that followed safety guidelines and safe work procedures as part of daily operating practices.
• Accountability and Attention to Detail:
Produces results despite obstacles; holds self and others accountable, without flinching; stands behind all commitments; ensures accuracy of all work; demonstrates adaptability and responsiveness when seeking out new ways to provide value to our customers.
The following qualifications are required for the position of Designer:
1. A minimum of 4 years experience in designing electric and/or gas distribution facilities; or Associates Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering, Engineering or related field as outlined in the Residential Designer Program
2. Effective oral and written communication skills
3. Exceptional Customer Service skills
4. Ability to manage priorities and work in high pressure situations
5. Ability to work independently and make sound business decisions
6. Exceptional interpersonal skills to work as a Team player
7. Ability to work with PC software applications (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel)
8. Ability to lift/move/transport equipment and tools weighing up to approximately 20 pounds to perform job duties
9. Ability to work indoors, outdoors and within adverse conditions
10. A valid Texas drivers’ license with a history of a safe driving record in accordance with CPS Energy policies, procedures, safety standards, and applicable laws and regulations
The following qualifications are preferred but not required for the position:
1. Knowledge of CPS Energy’s electric and gas distribution systems and associated design and construction standards
2. Experience in dealing with customers and handling difficult customer situations
3. Experience with GIS (Geographic Information System) and CPS Energy Designer System
CPS Energy - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
And the award for being the energy distributor for the seventh-largest city in the US goes to City Public Service of San Antonio (also known...