Deffenbaugh Industries is currently hiring a Residential Helper to load the truck while operating a Residential route. Each truck will have one driver and one helper, and the helper will be responsible for throwing all acceptable waste and recyclable materials into the back of the truck.
This is a full time Residential Helper position, responsible for the following duties:
· Each team is responsible for 1000-1200 houses per day
· Rides with Driver every day to and from neighborhood and landfill
· Holds onto the back of the truck once in designated area
· Inspects material, to ensure nothing hazardous is being collected
· Loads waste and recyclable material into the back of the truck
· After throwing trash the Helper will use the controls to compact the contents of the truck
· Assists in all upkeep of the neighborhood streets and Residential Trash Truck
· Will record house count daily
Qualified candidates must meet the following requirements:
· The ability to get in and out of the truck to throw trash 1000+ times per day
· All applicants must be at least 18 years of age or older
· Valid Driver’s License is preferred
High school diploma or GED required.
The work environment is permanently outside: heat and cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*All candidates are subject to a background check and drug testing. To apply for this position visit our website at www.deffenbaughinc.com. EOE/AAP/MF