Located in the Bank’s Kendall Square/Cambridge office, the Residential Loan Officer is responsible for originating new residential financing transactions and assisting in the management of a portfolio of existing relationships. Loan Officer is responsible for identifying and referring cross-selling opportunities to Deposit Management, Commercial Lending and Investment Management to create strategic relationships.
Roles and Responsibilities:
*Meet or exceed mortgage production goal of $30 million on an annual basis with an emphasis on portfolio lending.
*Develop and implement a marketing plan for expanding new client base and product usage, with a focus on the Massachusetts market.
*Maintain and expand relationships with existing clients and referral sources.
*Respond to client and referral requests in a timely, professional manner.
*Effectively and pro-actively sell all of the organization’s services with a special focus on developing strategic relationships defined as those clients who have three or more of the Bank’s services.
*Structure all credits, develop a complete application and monitor loans from origination through closing to ensure the highest service, credit and compliance quality.
*Fully comply with banking laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures.
*Participate in special projects and committee-work as designated by the Residential Sales Manager and/or Executive Vice president of Mortgage Lending.
*Develop and maintain social and civic ties within the community to assist in promoting account relationships with targeted client base.
All Boston Private Bank & Trust Company employees are expected to adhere to the following competencies:
• Client Focus - Dedicated to meeting the needs of internal and external clients; listens effectively
and establishes and maintains relationships and gains client’s trust and respect.
• Ethics, Integrity and Trust - Considers ethical issues before decisions are made and seeks to
achieve results that are in the best interest of the Bank.
• Ownership, Accountability, Responsibility and Compliance - Takes ownership of tasks,
projects, and relationships and follows through on obligations and promises.
• Self Development and Learning - Personally committed to learning and actively works to
continuously develop professionally.
• Teamwork and Collaboration -Works collaboratively; finds common ground and solves problems
for the good of all and can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to the team.
Individual Contributor Competencies:
• Decision Making and Problem Solving -Makes decisions in a timely manner, uses a mixture of
analysis, experience and judgment to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
• Informing and Communicating - Proactively communicates information to colleagues up, down
and across the organization, provides updates on projects, tasks and potential roadblocks.
• Planning - Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects and sets objectives and
• Time Management - Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her
efforts on important priorities and completes tasks and/or projects on time.
•Strong existing network of transferable referral sources, i.e. real estate brokers, law firms, CPA and investment management firms, personal financial planners, and corporations. Ideal candidate’s existing network of clients and referral sources will be in the Newton/Brookline/Needham markets.
•Proven ability to sell mortgage loans and/or other banking services, ideally at a similar private banking institution.
•5-7 years mortgage lending experience, preferably with a working understanding of Jumbo mortgage underwriting.
•A sales-oriented professional with excellent business development and closing skills who has the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
*Excellent analytical and process management skills
Equal Opportunity Employer