Reviews, analyzes and prepares loan documentation for underwriting and closer. Keep good records of loan progress in the loan origination system. Must adhere to required investor, bank and compliance guidelines.
• Establishes close working relationships with Loan Officers and Processors. Keeps Loan Officers, customers, and processor informed throughout the loan process.
• Reviews loan application file to verify application data is complete and meets established standards and regulations including type and amount of mortgage. Copy of Investor guidelines to be printed and placed in all loan files. Effectively uses computer software program tools as is intended.
• Reviews, with a high level of accuracy, tax returns, income/assets, credit. Prepares file to meet guidelines and automated underwriting documentation. Confirms that all correct calculations are reflected on the loan application and underwriting transmittal. Review appraisal, and update the loan origination system with correct appraised value. Submit loan file to underwriting for initial review. Gather conditions for loan file and submit final loan file to underwriting for clear to close.
• Efficiently maintains a processing pipeline between 25-35 loans.
• Keep up to date with all investor and program guidelines. Participates in various training programs provided by the bank and investors.
• Complete and pass required BVS courses by due date
CONTROL RELATED RESPONSIBILITES
Become knowledgeable regarding the department’s internal controls as outlined in the policies and procedures and comply with all control requirements.
Ability to comprehend and adhere to Federal and State banking regulations, company policies, procedures, and to successfully participate in regulatory and company training requirements, which are available in various delivery methods.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Minimum 4 years of residential lending experience - Bi-lingual a plus
• Working knowledge of residential loan operations, systems and documentation, and government VA loans
• Basic Accounting and good mathematical skills
• Excellent Verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively multi-task, work well in a fast-paced working environment and meet critical guidelines
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hear, speak and sit. This position regularly uses a computer (keyboard/mouse/screen) and telephone. The employee is frequently required to stand or walk. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally bend, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (computer work).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements
Capital Bank Corporation owns about a quarter of Capital Bank, NA, which has more than 140 offices in the Carolinas, Florida, Tennessee,...