Under minimum supervision, performs precision tune-up and maintenance on residential HVAC equipment and accessories. Communicates with residential customer to answer questions, resolve problems, and ensure complete customer satisfaction. Promotes products and services to customer. Works under the direction of the Field Supervisor or Branch Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works under minimum supervision to perform residential maintenance calls.
- Performs routine precision tune-ups and maintenance on heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and refrigeration equipment as well as accessories in an accurate and timely manner.
- Inspects and performs limited diagnostics on equipment to identify potential problems to prevent premature and unexpected breakdowns or callbacks.
- Completes routine maintenance and equipment cleaning as needed or required.
- Responsible for delivery and removal of parts and equipment needed to complete service work.
- Assist the Service Technician in servicing heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and refrigeration equipment as well as accessories
- Using hand-held device records all required information on customer call. Completes all forms and paperwork in a neat, timely, complete, and accurate manner. If necessary, collects payment from customer.
- Communicates with dispatch while on duty to ensure dispatcher has an accurate status report of activities and availability.
- Responsible for delivery of excellent customer service and sustaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Promotes products and services to the customer. Calls Lead Coordinator with specifics on replacement product sales leads generated from customer service visit.
- Ensures company property, vehicles, and tools are being used, maintained and properly accounted for.
- Represent the company professionally, honestly, and ethically in all business matters and activities.
- Following standard procedures and process, ensures that the company vehicle is properly stocked.
- Performs similar/other duties as needed or assigned.
- High school diploma or GED with additional training in HVAC with NATE certification preferred.
- Must possess all valid licensing or certification as required by federal, state, provincial, or local governmental laws or regulations for the geographical work area.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of the operational functionality of residential heating, air conditioning, and ventilation equipment as well as related accessories.
- Proficient mechanical aptitude and the ability to operate all necessary tools and equipment.
- Proficient and able to operate all necessary tools and equipment to perform various service projects.
- Basic skills in reading wiring diagrams and troubleshooting problems with electrical, refrigerant and duct systems on residential air conditioning equipment.
- Effective communication skills to communicate with customer and resolve customer issues, complaints, or concerns.
- Effective and efficient time-management and organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Previous experience performing basic maintenance work on residential HVAC equipment and related accessories is desirable.
- Ability to stand and walk and to climb ladders and attic stairs and to maneuver in attics, basements, and crawl spaces to access HVAC units. Ability to continually climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Lennox International offers an excellent salary and benefits package including competitive retirement plans. Our health benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance. Lennox International also offers employees basic life and AD&D insurance, a scholarship program and employee tuition reimbursement.
MEP Jobs - 8 months ago