Job Title: Residential Mortgage Assistant
Location: St. Louis Park
Department: Personal Banking
Responsible for providing clerical and administrative support for the Real Estate Bankers and for Business and Personal Bankers submitting a real estate mortgage request. Additional responsibilities include assistance in the servicing of mortgages, file preparation and maintenance, and compliance with established policies and procedures.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Assists the Personal Banking and Business Banking Departments in the processing and servicing of real estate transactions, maintaining a quality portfolio through accurate preparation and processing of mortgage documents and adherence to State and Federal regulations. Interaction with coworkers, customers and outside vendors involved in real estate transactions such as attorneys, real estate agents, title companies and state and county employees, is an integral part of the job responsibilities.
Within Citizens Independent Bank: Must be a team player in the processing and servicing of residential and commercial real estate mortgages, interfacing with customers and the public in a positive manner to maintain and enhance the overall marketing effort of the Bank.
Within the Community: Represent the Bank in outside community and trade show events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide support for the Real Estate Bankers and for Business and Personal Bankers submitting a real estate mortgage request. This includes processing mortgage applications, ordering necessary documents for a mortgage transaction and scheduling closing dates. Additional duties include correspondence for servicing of mortgages, preparation of mortgage satisfactions and the subsequent compilation of a paid real estate file. Assists customers one on one when they inquire about mortgage products and services.
2. Ensure a high level of quality in the loan portfolio through accurate processing of loan papers, input of tickler for missing loan documents, follow-up and resolution of loan exceptions and timely requests of mortgage documentation, including title binder, flood certification and appraisals.
3. Administrative Assistant duties include support to maintain compliance with established policies and procedures. This can include assistance in the servicing of mortgages by preparing correspondence regarding delinquencies, taxes, insurance, financial statements or any related requirements. Share in the maintenance of escrow accounts and assist with the monitoring of the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act.
4. Support the sales environment of the Bank by knowing the Bank Products. Utilize listening and clue identification skills to identify customers' financial needs, recommend appropriate products and refer to the appropriate area: Personal or Business.
5. Attend AIB, other educational courses or training programs that will enhance job knowledge, develop skills, increase product knowledge or prepare for career advancement.
6. Assist in the day-to-day operational duties of the Bank including lunch coverage of the receptionist desk, attendance and participation at monthly staff meetings and participation in outside community and trade show events.
7. Provide support to manager with compliance and regulation changes and testing originating software.
8. Be a key player in analyzing customer requests to determine what is best for customer needs: term, rate, costs and products.
9. Act as a sales person for other bank products that may be essential to a customer.
10. Have a clear understanding of the secondary market, how their pricing works and what their products and underwriting guidelines are.
Associate of Arts Degree (AA.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Requires excellent customer service skills along with good sales, negotiating and interpersonal skills; must also be self-motivated, analytical, disciplined and have a good business sense.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Mortgage documentation class.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This is an hourly, non-exempt position. Hours: Monday-Friday (8:30 – 12:00) (12:30 – 5:00) and Saturday (8:45-12:15) (approx. 1 out of every 3 Saturdays)