Residential Security Installation & Repair Technician
The Residential Security Installation & Repair Technician is responsible for the tasks associated with the design, installation, upgrade and repair of home security systems.
Security Technicians will use communication, technical knowledge, problem solving and sales skills to deliver the highest level of customer service.
• Review, anticipate and prepare for each job (tools, equipment, materials, etc.) based on work order details
• Pre-call customer to verify appointment and confirm customer receipt of equipment
• Conduct customer premise survey, make recommendations on equipment placement, up-sell for complete protection, process work order modifications and manage schedule impacts
• Perform new system installations, upgrades and takeovers
• Perform system replacements, repairs and disconnects
• Perform signal verification, system testing and troubleshooting
• Assist customer with downloads and device configurations as needed
• Educate and train customer on system operation and functionality
• Complete installation checklists and capture customer signatures as required
• Conduct personal safety check and adheres to established safety standards, guidelines and directives
• Replenish and reconcile truck stock inventory, materials, tools and equipment
• Return defective and excess equipment through RMA process
• Obtain permits when required
• Self-monitor performance through scorecard reports
• Maintain punctual, regular and consistent attendance
• Attend classroom and field training as required
• Work on special projects as needed
• Mentor new employees as needed
• Attend all scheduled tech meetings
• Cross-train on additional services to meet customer demand
• Acknowledge, implement, and enforce all MasTec AT and Partner policies and procedures.
• Positively represent MasTec Advanced Technologies and Partner to customers with consistent professionalism, adhering to dress code.
• Work 6-day workweeks as requested to meet business needs
• Submit accurate and timely documentation to your immediate supervisor
• Some travel may be required
• Perform other duties as assigned
MasTec Advanced Technologies is a service line of our parent company MasTec Inc. We are a home service provider of DIRECTV and AT&T...