The Residential Servicing Generalist is primarily responsible for monitoring and correcting loan functionality within the Residential Lending system. The Generalist will update, reverse and post payments advances as well as perform system maintenance of a simple nature. The Residential Servicing Generalist will utilize basic knowledge of the loan process, interest posting procedures, and loan functionality to help troubleshoot, monitor and enhance the AML analysis process on a weekly basis. Work is performed under supervision support or in accordance with detailed and specific instructions or procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Complete assigned tasks in order to support day-to-day departmental operations.
- Accurately and efficiently process financial and non-financial transactions and post to loan accounts.
- Perform clerical functions as needed:
Perform related loan processing duties that may extend to other departments within Lending Services.
Essential Skills, Bodies of Knowledge and Abilities:
- Review and update loan details and accurately create and update accounts as appropriate.
- Work with internal business partners at various levels to research and translate account information.
- Satisfy taxes and insurance on behalf of the client and update the loan accordingly to recover the funds over the established pay period.
- Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department functions and activities or as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
Proactive individual able to operate efficiently in a fast paced environment.
Quick learner and ability to manage multiple priorities.
Proven ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
Ability to succeed in a team-oriented work environment.
Able to quickly forge effective working relationships with a variety of personalities.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Demonstrated skills in organization and strong attention to detail.
Provides extraordinary service.
Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values.
Products and Software:
Intermediate knowledge of MS Word / MS Outlook / MS Visio / MS PowerPoint/ MS Excel.
Knowledge of OSI and all relevant support systems a plus.
Experience with PowerLender, TotalPlus ML, IBS, OnBase and/or IL applications a plus.
Education, Experience, Training, or Certifications/Licenses:
Required: High School diploma and 1-2 years of experience in the banking industry.
Preferred: Some experience in Loan Operations or related lending activities.
The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Must be able to travel as position requires.
May be required to lift up to 25-50 lbs.
First Republic Bank offers private banking, wealth management, trust, and brokerage services for businesses and high-net-worth clients...