Waste Connections, Inc. has an immediate opening for a professional and SAFE Residential Refuse Route Driver at our Waste Connections of Texas hauling site in Edinburg, TX.
The position will be responsible for driving a garbage truck on specified routes to mechanically and manually collect solid waste and transport it to appropriate disposal sites. Daily work will involve heavy industrial lifting, lifting waist high, gripping with hands, moving at a brisk consistent pace, and occasional bending. This position will also be responsible for safely, efficiently, and courteously serving customers.
Check out our employee videos to see what it is like to be in our drivers shoes!
- Be able to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Be able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Be able to follow safe operating practices.
- Be able to learn and use interpersonal skills relating to good customer service.
- Be able and willing to work in a team environment.
- Be able to read, write and comprehend reports well enough to complete daily assignments.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". To learn more about our company check out our website at:
- Possess a valid Class B CDL license.
- Must have a minimum of two years of CDL driving experience.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...