Rosemont Treatment Center and School
A residential program serving troubled girls, helping them rebuild their self-esteem and become equipped for health and success
3 RESIDENTIAL SKILLS SPECIALIST SHIFTS AVAILABLE!
Posted February 20, 2013
20 Hours per Week, Pro Rated Benefits: Job Code NRSS-20-150
(Shift Differential for Overnight Hours)
Posted March 13, 2013
40 Hours per Week, Full Benefits: Job Code RSS-FT-150
Posted March 13, 2013
40 Hours per Week, Full Benefits: Job Code DRSS-150
When Applying Please Reference the Job Code
Please Follow Application Procedures
RSS I and RSS II positions are responsible for providing Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) psychosocial skills training and providing care and close, intensive supervision to all clients. RSS I and RSS II may also be approved and authorized to deliver alcohol & drug group educational services.
- Bachelor’s degree in a social service, mental health, discipline or CADCI Certificate preferred.
- Work experience in related field preferred (i.e., shelter, residential or day treatment, counseling, substance abuse treatment, etc.).
- Prior experience working with at-risk female adolescents preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a broad variety of individuals and in a wide variety of circumstances. This includes appropriate communication with clients, families, co-workers, supervisors, other service providers, and management staff and includes ability to use tact, discretion and judgment in interactions with others.
- Demonstrated understanding, interpretation and implementation of child/adolescent development and treatment principles, models, concepts and theories.
- Ability to provide auditory and visual supervision of clients.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually.
- Ability to maintain appropriate professional boundaries in working and interacting with others and in handling confidential information.
- Ability to effectively monitor safety and demonstrate group management skills and effectively de-escalate potentially chaotic or volatile situations. This includes ability to interpret behaviors and attitudes of children and adolescents and also includes ability to provide crisis-intervention up to and including physical restraint.
- Ability to regularly attend and be punctual for scheduled work shifts and be in a condition suitable for assuming responsibilities of position.
- Manual dexterity allowing for performance of routine office functions, including faxing, copying, phone use, computer use, etc.
- Manual dexterity allowing for performance of routine safety functions, including use of fire extinguishers, shut-off valves, etc.
- Physical dexterity permitting bending, lifting, stooping, kneeling and performance of physical restraint of adolescent females up to 50 pounds.
- Must pass criminal history background check.
- Maintain Standard First-Aid/CPR Certification (Agency Provided).
- Individuals providing drug and alcohol services who are recovering from a substance abuse related disorder must be able to demonstrate continuous sobriety under nonresidential, independent living conditions for the immediate past two years per OAR Standards for Outpatient and Residential Alcohol and Drug Treatment Programs.
- Driving for work purposes is not a requirement of this position. However, if employee does drive personal vehicle for any work-related purpose, a valid driver’s license for state of residency is required, as well as personal auto liability coverage and a driving record permitting coverage under the corporate auto liability policy.
- Email a cover letter and resume to
and reference job code "NRSS-20-150" “RSS-FT-150” or “DRSS-150” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
- Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services at (503)736-9759 and put "NRSS-20-150" “RSS-FT-150” or “DRSS-150” on your fax cover letter.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure and you must meet all position qualifications/requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to better serve our clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer