Responsible for all related duties and functions of the department, specifically within areas of quality manufacturing and quality control of latex emulsions, paint oils and varnish and all other related polymer processing as well as the Leadership and development of all employees with a direct reporting relationship.
Responsible for tank farm and other tank storage areas, including the unloading & loading of bulk materials.
Responsible for following all PSM requirements including, but not limited to, writing/maintaining SOPs, following the MOC process, doing mechanical integrity tests.
Work closely with quality group to meet product requirements, develop test methods maintain test equipment and train employees on procedures.
Ensures that all safety, environmental and regulatory guidelines are known and followed and that all required safety equipment is available and used as prescribed.
Maintains the highest standards for product quality and service.
Maintains quality and cleanliness of the work area and equipment.
Plans, schedules and maintains accountability for the completion of all tasks within the work unit, and assigns roles for task completion accordingly.
Uses electronic data and information systems as required.
Trains and coaches on appropriate methods regarding work processes, safety, etc. Upgrades own skills by attending courses, seminars, etc.
Understands the processing of all Resins in a properly cleaned kettle. Is able to correctly follow formulation and procedures for adding raw material ingredients to process quality latex emulsions, paint oils and varnish; and all other related polymers.
Capable of successfully following procedures which include, but are not limited to, opening valves, checking gauges for material flow and temperature, determining heat and cooling requirements, and quality checks to process Resins for proper formula specifications.
- Experience supervising and leading a team
- PC Computer training
- Ability to lift 50 pounds infrequently
- Forklift certification training
- Minimum of 5 years working experience and knowledge associated with Resin/chemical processing.
- Post high school education in chemical or tech related field preferred.
- Experienced in monitoring the batch process by taking data readings using electronic information systems, and taking batch samples for quality control testing, as prescribed in accordance with Central Labs guidelines and standard test methods. Records data as prescribed by Central Labs.
- Resolves minor disputes and facilitates problem resolution as required; ensures plant management is notified of any employee conduct requiring corrective or disciplinary action.
Not only can you paint the town red with Benjamin Moore paints, you can stain and finish it as well. In addition to ready-mixed colors --...