Responsible for quality manufacturing and quality control of alkyd resins, latex emulsions, paint oils and varnish; and all other related polymer processing.
- Follows all safety, environmental and regulatory guidelines; uses all required safety equipment.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and equipment.
- Maintains the highest standards for product quality and service.
- Processes all resins in a properly cleaned kettle.
- Correctly follows formulation and procedures for adding raw material ingredients to process quality alkyd resins, latex emulsions, paint oils and varnish; and all other related polymers. Procedures include, but not limited to, opening valves, checking gauges for material flow and temperature, determining heat and cooling requirements, and quality checks to process resins for proper formula specifications.
- Monitors the batch process by taking data readings using electronic information systems, and taking batch samples for quality control testing. Testing is prescribed in accordance with Central Labs guidelines and standard test methods. Records data as prescribed by Central Labs.
- Calibrates, adjusts and monitors lab testing equipment in accordance with prescribed Central Lab guidelines.
After production batch is completed and quality approved, the kettle is discharged properly, and material appropriately transferred over to holding tank for any further batch adjustments and thin-down requirements.
- Final quality control testing on completed batch, and proper filtration with transfer to bulk storage
- .Kettle cleaning requirements as prescribed by standard operating procedures and recommendations from Central Labs.
- High school graduate.
- Ability to work in a team environment and the willingness to be cross-functional.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Basic math skills, i.e. addition/subtraction.
- Ability to work safely and follow SOP’s.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to use company software and computer system.
- Must be willing to work assigned shift, plus overtime and weekends as business needs require.
Not only can you paint the town red with Benjamin Moore paints, you can stain and finish it as well. In addition to ready-mixed colors --...