Will be a member of the Cost Management Implementation Office (CMIO) and will report to the Office Manager (2503). Responsible for facilitating EVM implementation support on selected projects. Support institutional self-governance surveillance activities on EVM projects. Leads analytical assessments, including lifecycle cost analysis, estimates to complete, event analysis, data collection, and root cause mapping. Responsible for supporting analysis of project performance reporting relative to the project budget baseline. Evaluates variances, providing recommendations for corrective action.
Serve as an integral partner in the Project business team. Provide project resource planning and analysis support to Programs/Projects within each Directorate in conjunction with the Project business Manager or Project Manager, as appropriate. Promote and foster best business practices in accordance with established Institutional practices.
- Develops and updates complex project/program task plan documents. Research project history and supporting documentation.
- Partners with the lead PRA or Project Business Manager (PBM) in the collection of data associated with the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), WBS Dictionary and Responsibility Assignment Matrix (RAM).
- Partners with the Schedule Analyst to develop related complex integrated network schedules, work packages and planning packages.
- Collects and analyzes complex data in support of the development of project resource planning, scheduling and budgeting guidelines.
- Develops complex time-phased budgets in accordance with complex schedule plans.
- Partners with project managers and Cost Account Managers (CAMs) and Lead PRA to ensure that all budgeting files have been received and are completed in accordance with established business practices.
- Reviews the Work Agreement website to ensure that all required Work Agreements are complete, and approved. Negotiates scope and or date modifications.
- Partners with the business team in the collection of Estimates At Completion (EACs) and ensures that these revised budgets are ready for rollup.
- Exercises discretion and financial judgment in the collection of complex data for project audits.
- Works independently on key projects and assignments with only limited direction, typically receiving few or no instructions.
- Work is evaluated upon completion to ensure objectives and institutional goals have been met.
- As a team leader, accountable for team results on such projects and assignments, including performance standards, budget and schedule.
- Failures to achieve results or erroneous decisions will have a substantial adverse impact on team or functional organization’s ability to achieve major project objectives.
- Leads a team for a project activity, or function within scope of assigned responsibility.
- Regular use of creativity and innovation to address critical issues.
- Analysis of situation or data requires identification, review and interpretation of highly complex factors as well as decisions as to policies, procedures and practices.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment in evaluating potential approaches and solutions to critical problems and determining appropriate resolutions.
- Interactions normally involve presenting, validating and analyzing complex information.
- Serves as an essential team member on teams inside or outside organization, project, activity or function.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Business/Finance, or related discipline with a minimum of 6 years of related experience; Masters degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 4 years of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 2 years related experience.
- Advanced knowledge in one or more related fields of the following areas: financial resource management, program/project organization, workforce planning, business forecasting, and statistical analysis.
- Extensive understanding and wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in project business management.
- Advanced knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standards in business/finance management.
- Resourceful, self-motivated individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with nominal direction and collaborate effectively with program/project management and technical organizations.
- Excellent computer and MS Office skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
If you'd like to discover new worlds with our innovative team and enjoy a competitive salary and impressive benefits with the renowned leader in space exploration, apply now!
- Advanced knowledge of applicable Laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), PMI/PMBOK Certification
- Prior experience with Cobra and IBT.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at (818) 354-5150 or Staffing@jpl.nasa.gov.
JPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer devoted to work force diversity.
Jet Propulsion Laboratory - 2 years ago