Individual will provide Resource/Financial support in the areas of budget planning and execution, reviewing cost trending analysis, working with JWST team members to review planned vs. actual funding status, and providing monthly status reports for the JWST management.
Budget planning and execution responsibilities include participation in Program Planning and Budget Execution (PPBE) exercises, budget planning exercises and NASA Center management exercises.
Fund program contracts and support services contracts using the approved PPBE plans.
Responsibilities also include monitoring contracts and cost pools to analyze program costs.
This includes working in the Center’s Contractor Cost Reporting (CCR) tool to input monthly 533 cost data, comparing planned versus actual cost and track variances to ensure costs do not exceed planned funding levels and providing management with trending analysis reports.
Research and prepare straightforward estimates of future requirements along with historical data.
Verify, audit and evaluate estimates with previous costs and the total program using pre-determined formulas.
Summarize factual narrative information and quantitative data for monthly commitment, obligation, and process cost status reports.
Required to fund program contracts via the Funds Control System (FCS), moving program funds to assigned Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and then funding contracts or purchases using Systems, Applications and Products in Data Processing (SAP) to create Purchase Requisitions (PRs) or using Contractor Resources Tracking System (CORTS) to add or modify a cost pool contract.
Responsible for developing, managing, and reporting program financial data using Business Warehouse (BW) and the Business Explorer (BEx) tool including but not limited to monthly APD standard reports, reports for developing Center Monthly Status Report (MSR), and ad hoc reports requested by management and APD team members. Compliance with NASA and Goddard regulations and procedural requirements is mandatory
- Must have advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including pivot tables, macros, and linking spreadsheets.
- Experience with GSFC Financial Systems, including SAP, Business Warehouse, Contractor Cost Reporting System, Funds Control System, and CORTS is desired.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint is also desired.
- Ability to multi-task and successfully accomplish responsibilities within a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as having the ability to manage time and meet the many reporting deadlines.
- Individual must meet government NAC and citizenship/permanent residency requirements for access to NASA GSFC.
- Extensive background investigation will be performed as a requirement of the job.
ASRC Federal Holding Company and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers
- Bachelor's Degree and three (3) years of related experience or four (4) years in lieu of a degree.
Finance & Accounting
United States-MD, United States-Greenbelt, MD, United States
Day Job / 1st Shift
ASRC Research and Technology Solutions - 30+ days ago