The Resource Center is a call center responsible for answering phone calls and emails from customers and agents regarding the status of their life insurance application. Representatives in the Resource Center are trained to answer calls regarding the life insurance application and underwriting process which includes, but is not limited to: providing the status of life insurance exams, collecting information needed for the application review process, answering questions regarding the underwriting process and handling general forms questions.
Each team member is responsible for achieving specific performance standards. To be successful in this position, you must have a passion for providing quality customer service by consistently projecting a positive and upbeat attitude. In addition, you must have excellent decision making skills with the ability to multi-task while maintaining professionalism under all circumstances.
Primary Job responsibilities include:
Reviewing each case to ensure proper handling was completed. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Answering inbound telephone calls and emails from clients, agents and home office employees
- Making outbound telephone calls to clients and examiners as needed
- Maintaining accurate documentation of activity for each file
- Communicating with New Business Teams, Marketing, TeleLife, General Agencies, Agents and other Resource Center members regarding current status, problems/processes.
Additional departmental tasks as needed:
· Documented reporting of underwriting-specific information
· Handling miscellaneous requests from other departments
· High school diploma/equivalent
· Minimum typing speed of 40 wpm required
· Excellent oral and written communication skills (free type legal documents)
· Proficiency in a Windows based environment
· Ability to work well in a team environment
· Ability to balance speed and accuracy
· Prior customer service or Call Center experience preferred
· Ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented, phone environment
· Strong client focused mindset
· Strong problem solving and decision making skills
· Maturity, Professionalism and Reliability.
· Industry Knowledge a plus
Training hours for this position is 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
This position reports to Tiffany Shephard
Protective Life Corporation - 24 months ago