POSITION SUMMARY :
Familes First Resource Moms work on an as-needed, PRN basis to provide case management and support to women who have delivered a low birth weight baby. Please note that hours each week may vary. Each Resource Mom will have an estimated caseload of 2-5 new moms and cover 1-2 Georgia Department of Health regions.
We are currently seeking staff to work as needed in Region 3, ,7,9, 11 and 12. Please see the link for applicable regions.
Resource Moms are responsible for offering postpartum information, guidance and social and human service linkages to families for up to two years after the birth of their baby. This position required driving to client homes, sometimes in rural areas.
*Interested candidates should include a cover letter highlighting their interest and indicating which region they prefer to serve.*
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Initiate and maintain contact with program participants according to Agency and Resource Mother program model protocols.
- Maintain regular schedule of participant contact, including a minimum of bi-weekly calls and monthly visits.
- Monthly in home visits required.
- Document all interactions regarding each family within 24 hours; and report to Supervisor weekly.
- Actively participate in reflective supervision, staff meetings and trainings.
- Network with medical and social service providers and work cooperatively with other community organizations.
- Ability to creatively and effectively research resources based on clients identified needs in their geographic region.
- Adhere to HIPAA privacy and confidentiality standards.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with home visitation, maternal child health, home healthcare, or related field.
- Valid Drivers License and reliable vehicle.
- Must be able to travel to clients homes up to 50+ miles in one day.
- Willingness and ability to travel in the evenings and on weekends.
- Must have a personal cell phone, computer with internet access, and the ability to work from home.
- English written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, e.g. , MS Office, Google Mail, and/or electronic clinical records.
- Bilingual- Spanish-English a plus
Families First provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.
If you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation to complete any part of the application process, are limited in ability, or unable to access or use the online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline at 404-853-2876 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Families First is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Families First participates in E-Verify.
Families First - 15 months ago
Families First could not provide medical care, dental care and family support for our clientswithout significant support from the community...