Plum Creek is the United States' largest private land owner and we're growing. We're listed on the S&P 500, located in 19 states and our various business groups include professionals in forestry, real estate, land management, manufacturing, accounting, human resources, and legal. Our 1,250 team members are driven and passionate about their desire to deploy technology and initiatives which help our businesses achieve Plum Creek's goals. Plum Creek has a collaborative, team centric, execution oriented culture focused on delivery. Plum Creek values strong communication and interpersonal skills in addition to strong technical skills. We strive to have a good balance between career and personal life.
We have an opening for a Resource Settlement Processor in our Athens, Georgia office. In this position you will work with four other processors reporting to the Supervisor Resource Settlement Processing. This is a fast paced, high volume transaction environment. This position is responsible for processing approximately 3,500 transactions per month.
To be successful in this role, you will need to use your strong customer service and data entry skills to include ten-key and have the ability to multi-task. In this position you will be responsible for all accounting activities related to:
You will work closely with other departments to include Marketing, Accounts Receivable and Resource Assistants from Operations. In addition you will interact with our customers supporting them as necessary in accounts payable, accounts receivable, and cash application duties. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary as the business workloads evolve. Support for accounting functions primarily occurs during month-end close.
- Payment of contract loggers/ haulers including data entry and retrieval
- Reconciliation of financial data to source documents.
- Establishment of customer and vendor contracts in the system
- Processing of expense and revenue transactions related to log deliveries in the Atlantic South Region.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Specific Skills Required:
- Minimum of two (2) years general accounting, Accounts Receivable, or Accounts Payable experience required.
- Working knowledge of data query tools such as Business Intelligence or similar settlement software systems a plus.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Microsoft Office with solid Word and Excel skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid verbal and written communication skills -Teamwork oriented
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must possess excellent analytical abilities.
This position may require periodic travel to other Unit offices and facilities which may require walking through woods and log yards. Some overtime will be required.
Plum Creek wants to attract and keep the best people - the team who drives our business success. That is why we offer superior performers opportunities for compensation that is in the top 25% for our marketplace. Your benefits package from Plum Creek consists of a comprehensive range of benefits including Health care coverage, Health and Dependent Daycare Funds, Life and Disability protection, Saving and Retirements benefits, Paid Time Off, and more.
Salary: $32,000 - $44,000
For more information about Plum Creek, please visit our web site at: www.plumcreek.com/careers
Plum Creek is an equal opportunity employer.
Plum Creek - 13 months ago
Plum Creek is one of the largest private landowners in the United States, with 6.8 million acres from coast-to-coast. We are headquartered...