Wellesley College seeks an experienced, forward-thinking Resource Sharing Specialist with a strong commitment to collaboration and customer service. The Interlibrary Loan group processes more than 40,000 items each year from national and international sources, and is well respected by Wellesley College students and faculty and the greater ILL community for exceptional service.
This position provides leadership for Resource Sharing, including:
- Setting direction, innovating and prioritizing;
- Maintains and upgrades multiple, complex ILL systems, including recommending improvements to simplify workflow and the user experience;
- Maintains compliance with Copyright and Fair Use guidelines for Interlibrary Loan.
- Prepares reports of ILL activities, determines budget requirements and monitors expenditures;
- Oversees the daily operations of Interlibrary Loan including collaborating with a 0 .5 FTE staff person and supervision of approximately 20 student assistants;
- Works collaboratively internally with Library & Technology Services departments, and Wellesley College students and faculty, and externally with library consortia and information partners;
- Participates as a leader in consortial borrowing communities, and develops relationships with staff at other libraries and with interlibrary loan software vendors to improve resource sharing outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 3 years of experience providing interlibrary loan service.
- A strong commitment to providing materials to patrons (both borrowing and lending) with speed and accuracy.
- Demonstrable high-level skills in collaboration, communication, organization and problem solving.
- Proven ability to deploy, learn, use, and troubleshoot Resource Sharing applications.
The work of this position involves the handling of materials and qualified candidates must have the ability to lift up to 35 pounds. Qualified candidates must be able to work effectively in a culturally diverse environment.
- Supervisory experience in an Interlibrary Loan department in an academic setting.
- Experience with applications related to interlibrary loan, library operations, and office productivity, particularly: Illiad, OCLC, Rapid, INN-Reach, WorldCat Navigator, Innovative Interfaces, Serials Solutions, Gobi, MS Access and Excel.
- Proven record of innovation, and an interest in development of add-ons or applications to take advantage of APIs to improve Resource Sharing services.
- Experience or interest in continuous improvement and work flow efficiencies.
Review of applications will begin on December 15, 2012 and will continue until the position is filled.
Wellesley College - 17 months ago