The Respiratory Care Practitioner II, (RCP II) is responsible and accountable for providing basic and advanced respiratory care services in accordance with physician/provider orders, department policies, procedures and protocols to all patient populations served by Maine General Medical Center . The RCP II serves as a technical, clinical and educational resource for the RCP I, physicians/providers, nurses, other healthcare professionals, patients and their family members. The RCP II embraces Maine General Medical Center ’s Patient and Family Centered Care philosophy while independently providing care to our patients.
Current Licenses Required
· Currently Licensed as Respiratory Therapist by the Maine Board of Respiratory Care Practitioners
· Registered by the National Board of Respiratory Care as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) is required
· BLS is required within 3 months of hire
- ACLS is required within 6 months of hire
- PALS and NRP are both required within 1 year of hire
Education – the level of knowledge usually acquired through completion of:
- Technical training beyond high school, Completion of a two year accredited respiratory therapy program is preferred
- Associate’s degree, or higher preferred
Experience - Preferred
- Up to 1 year is preferred
Other Special Skills - Preferred
- Proficiency in a suite of Microsoft Office applications
MaineGeneral Health's mission is to enhance, every day, the health of the people in the greater Kennebec Valley.