• Must be currently enrolled in the final year of an Associate’s or Bachelor's accredited AMA approved respiratory care program.
• Current Basic Life Support certification.
• Must have completed or be scheduled to complete the pediatric clinical portion of said accredited program prior to completion of the didactic portion of the externship program.
• Ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
• Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
The Respiratory Extern works within the Respiratory Care Department to deliver limited respiratory care support services under the supervision of an individual holding a Pennsylvania license. The Respiratory Extern provides supportive care to patients, including surveillance of monitoring equipment; assists respiratory care practitioners in the provision of care to pediatric patients and their families; and maintains a clean, comfortable, and well-stocked area.
Children's Hospital Philadelphia - 18 months ago