Genesis Rehabilitation Services is looking for remarkable Respiratory Therapist. At Genesis Rehabilitation Services, you can really care for your patients – and your thoughts, opinions and expertise will always be respected. Our benefits package is outstanding. And our regular shifts help you balance your career and your personal life.
Genesis HealthCare is one of the nation's largest skilled nursing care providers with more than 400 skilled nursing centers and assisted living residences in 28 states nationwide. Genesis also supplies rehabilitation therapy to over 1,500 healthcare providers in 46 states. And right now, we have opportunities near you. So apply today. For a remarkable RT, it’s a remarkable opportunity.
Performs respiratory care related procedures in accordance with physician’s treatment plan. Assesses patient’s condition, administers prescribed therapy and aerosolized medications, observes and records patient’s progress and response to therapy modalities including adverse reactions to drugs and therapy. Also provides in-service training to residents, family members, and facility staff.
1. Performs assessment of residents cardiopulmonary status utilizing physical assessment and history taking skills, laboratory findings, radiological studies of the chest, pulmonary function testing and professional judgment to formulate a respiratory care plan upon the order of a physician.
2. Initiates, administers, evaluates response to, and documents all therapy modalities according to departmental procedure and ordered by a physician including: intermittent positive pressure breathing, hand held nebulizer, chest physical therapy modalities, including percussion, vibration, breathing and cough retraining exercises, deep tracheal suctioning, incentive spirometry, sputum induction.
3. Initiates, monitors and maintains life support systems for residents in the skilled nursing facility, including airway care and maintenance, managing artificial ventilator status, maintaining and troubleshooting mechanical ventilators.
4. Initiates, monitors and documents performance of various respiratory care modalities.
5. Administers proper technical respiratory care procedures including dispensing of proper dosage of medication and equipment/devices.
6. Inspects and tests equipment, disassembles, cleans, reassembles equipment as required. Maintains adequate supply of necessary equipment. Performs accurate record keeping, including logs for oxygen, supplies and equipment . Disposes of equipment properly.
1. Hold a degree from a NBRC approved and accredited program.
2. One year of clinical respiratory therapy practice under medical direction.
3. Current State Licensure for a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
4. Current Basic Cardiac Life Support certification and
As one of the nation’s largest long-term care and rehabilitation providers, we offer a generous and wide-ranging compensation and benefits package from day one, including:
• Medical/dental/vision insurances
• Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability
• Voluntary insurance programs
• 401(k) Program
• Continuing Education Programs
• Leadership Training Program
• Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts
• Extensive paid leave
• Service awards
• Generous Elder Care benefit for family members
Interested in travel assignments? Call to learn more about the Genesis Rehab Services internal traveler program, The Passport Program!