Respiratory Therapist - CRT/RRT
Community Surgical Supply is one of the largest independently owned homecare companies in the midatlantic and northeast region, aggressively looking to increase market share throughout the country. As a premiere homecare provider, we adhere to the highest standards of excellence both for our employees as well as for our patients.
We are an organization that is proud of the reputation it has acquired as being "a good place to work", a place where friendliness and fairness prevail. We want you to feel that you are a part of a company whose success depends on the knowledge, skills, and attitudes of the people who function in harmony as a team. We encourage independent thinking on a team level to help develop fresh ideas to achieve organizational goals.
As a Respiratory Therapist- CRT/RT with Community, you will:
- Assess, treat, and care for patients with breathing disorders. Initiate and conduct therapeutic procedures; maintain patient records; and select, assemble, check, and operate equipment.
- Schedule and make patient visits and telephone calls as directed.
- Educate patients and their families with "high tech" equipment or complex respiratory diagnoses, as well as research, design and provide Respiratory information.
- Serve as liaison between patient and other members of the Health Care team, when required.
- Perform testing and preventive maintenance on respiratory equipment in patients' residence to ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently.
- Instruct patients, caregivers, physicians and physician's staff on the proper use of respiratory equipment and necessary cleaning requirements.
- Deliver/pick-up equipment and/or supplies to patients' home as necessary.
- Assist other staff and perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Prior experience in Home Respiratory Therapy is preferred. RRT, CRTT or eligible and meeting the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) requirements. MUST HAVE Valid NJ state(s) Respiratory Care license and valid NY Respiratory Care license. Valid Driver's License. Must possess good people skills and be able to work independently. Must be detailed oriented, organized, and neat in person and habits.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job entails possible occasional exposure to body fluids which can contain blood-borne pathogens. This position may entail possible exposure to hazardous material including liquid or gaseous oxygen.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally exert up to 50 pounds of force, and/or a significant amount of force frequently or consistently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Community Surgical Supply conducts drug, background and motor vehicle checks in our hiring practices.
Community Surgical Supply recruits and retains talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, and veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Community Surgical Supply is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EEO/AAE
Community Surgical participates in E-VERIFY
Community Surgical - 19 months ago