Job Summary: The Respiratory Therapist is responsible for patients with respiratory and respiratory |
related equipment and for assessment of patient / client need and the selection, instruction, and troubleshooting of appropriate equipment and / or service provided to meet those needs and maintaining appropriate documentation.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Receives and documents the order for respiratory equipment and / or services from the customer service, patient / client, caregiver, physician and family member.
- Set up and operate devices such as mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems, and aerosol generators, following specified parameters of treatment.
- Determine requirements for treatment, such as type, method and duration of therapy, precautions to be taken, and medication and dosages, compatible with physicians' orders.
- Communicates with the patient's / client's physician on changes in patient's condition and/or needs and carries out adjustment to the patient's / client's Plan of Care / Treatment.
- Monitor patient's physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes, and consult with physician if adverse reactions occur.
- Read prescription, measure arterial blood gases, and review patient information to assess patient condition.
- Maintain charts that contain patients' pertinent identification and therapy information.
- Inspect, clean, test and maintain respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently, ordering repairs when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations with equanimity.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with staff and others to provide directions, and other information.
- Knowledge of general medical terminology.
- Knowledge, ability, and communication skills to conduct research interviews, including the collection of confidential medical and respiratory health histories.
- Experience in data cleaning, data checking, and data management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of data and patient information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary for maintaining study integrity and credibility with physicians, office staff, medical staff, and patients.
- Ability to work independently under multiple deadlines, follow instructions, work cooperatively with other staff members and be flexible to work on multiple projects
Associates Degree or Equivalent
California Respiratory Care Practitioner license (RCP) or Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT), Valid Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
Experience: 3-5 Respiratory Therapist Experien
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT),
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Durable Medical Equipment - 19 months ago