Sets up and operates various types of respiratory and cardiac care equipment to be used in the treatment and diagnosis of cardiopulmonary injury. Carries out the policies and procedures of the department to ensure a high standard of quality of care.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs cardiopulmonary patient assessments and evaluations for patients on the therapist driven protocols.
2. Performs basic therapeutic respiratory care modalities to include: IPPB, aerosol therapy, postural drainage and percussion, oxygen therapy, arterial blood gases, non-invasive monitoring, etc.
3. Provides critical care management: ventilators management, intubations, Code Blue/ACLS management, bronchoscopy assistance, CPR, CABG weaning protocol, general ventilator protocol.
4. Performs cardiovascular diagnostic tests, to include: EKG's, holter monitor hook-ups, Pulmonary Function Tests including beside pulmonary function screening, and EEG's.
5. Cleans, sterilizes, packages and maintains all cardiopulmonary equipment.
6. Attends various department and/or committee meetings as designed by the management personnel of the Heart and Lung Services Division.
7. Supervises and instructs students.
8. Documents all patient care: initial evaluations, treatment administration, discharge notes, ABG reports, overnight o2 recordings, apnea monitors initial settings, ventilator log sheets including cuff pressures and weaning parameters CPAP log sheets.
9. Provides support for conscious sedation in the cath lab and special procedure areas.
10. Assumes duties of charge therapist, as assigned.
11. Assists with CQI activities, including collection and analyzing data.
12. Performing Quality control of blood gas machines and performing preventative maintenance.
13. Precepts new employees
Graduate of an A.M.A. approved School for Respiratory Therapy leading to an Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Respiratory Therapy. Participates in FMC University classes or FMC University graduate preferred.
Must have a valid license to practice Respiratory Care in the State of Ohio. Annual CPR and ACLS Certification required. Registered by NBRC. NRP preferred.
Previous experience in all areas of respiratory care and cardiovascular required.
Fairfield Medical Center - 24 months ago