Providence is calling a per diem Respiratory Therapist to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro in San Pedro, CA.
We are seeking a per diem Respiratory Therapist.
In this position you will:
- The practice Respiratory Care under the direct supervisor of a Medical Director, and Department Manager, performs management and care of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities which affect the pulmonary system and associated aspects of cardiopulmonary and other system function within the scope of practice of Respiratory Care Practice Act 1996. The Respiratory Therapist performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment of initiative to apply prescribed treatments and testing in a safe, professional manner. The Respiratory Therapist is accountable and responsible for the delivery of direct respiratory care to all age range served by the facility. The therapist utilizes a collaborative care patient management process in meeting established standards of care that provides a safe, aseptic, preventative and restorative process.
- Direct and indirect respiratory care services, including but not limited to, the administration of pharmacological and diagnostic and therapeutic agents related to respiratory care. The therapist shall observe and monitor for signs and symptoms, general behavior, general physical response to and determine characteristics and report those condition appropriately.
- The therapist is responsible for the diagnostic and therapeutic use of any of the following, in accordance with the prescription of a physician: administration of medical gases, exclusive of general anesthesia ; aerosols; humidification; environmental control systems and baromedical therapy; pharmacological agents related to respiratory care procedures; mechanical or physiological ventilator support; bronchopulmonary hygiene; cardiopulmonary resuscitation; maintenance of the artificial airways; diagnostic and testing techniques required for implementation of respiratory care protocols; collection of specimens of blood; collection of specimens form the respiratory tract; analysis of blood gases and respiratory secretions
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current California State Respiratory Care Practitioner License
- Holds a CRT or RRT credential issued by the National Board for Respiratory Care
- Minimum of one year experience in acute setting to include ault crtical care
- Current Basic Life Support card for Healthcare Providers.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support and Neonatal Resuscitation Program within 6 months if hosiptal based
- Pulmonary diagnostics to include ABG certification and quality control
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position as defined
- Requires the ability to establish and maintain a courteous and cooperative (service oriented) working relationship with internal and external customers
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Neonatal Intensive Care experience
- Membership in a professional organization : CSRC, AARC
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro is a 259-bed nonprofit hospital that has served the Harbor and greater South Bay communities since 1925. Our Medical Center offers a comprehensive array of medical and surgical services each distinguished by innovation, quality and excellence in its respective area. We received the CHART “Certificate of Excellence” for receiving superior or above average results across the majority of outcomes and process measures publicly reported by CHART. We ranked in the top 21 among more than 240 hospitals throughout the state compared by California Healthcare Foundation, and were the first location in the South Bay to carry the Gold Seal of Approval® from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. As a member of Providence Health & Services, we are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. Providence Health & Services today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
Providence Health & Services - 8 months ago