Strategic Resources Inc. (SRI) is looking for compassionate health care providers who can provide in-home assistance on an on-going basis for a special needs child who has a disability, developmental needs or a chronic illness. You will be providing a valuable service for military families in the patient’s home in the areas of health, safety, behavioral, nutritional and recreational needs. There are four levels of service with four different levels of compensation.
As a Respite Health Care Professional, you will have the necessary technical skills and abilities to meet the physical and safety conditions of the child and assist with conditions such as severe seizures, tube feeding, suctioning of tracheotomies, and/or life threatening or chronic conditions which may require frequent treatments or hospitalizations. In addition, you must be able to communicate effectively and interact positively with the child, family members as well as with other staff members and be able to prepare written reports and documentation of patient needs and irregularities.
Respite Care Provider Level 3:
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Must have a combination of related post secondary education and/or training and experience in nursing and/or early childhood education, special education, elementary education or other relevant field of study.
• Related Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Designation as LPN or related certifications is preferred.
• Minimum two years experience working with special needs children, youth or adults.
• Must have current certifications in CPR and First Aid, current TB test.
• Must be able to pass criminal background checks.
• Must have reliable transportation to the patient’s home.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.