The Exceptional Family Member Prrogram (EFMP) Respite Care Provider will perform short-term, direct care as per parental instruction. The provider shall provide assistance with daily living skills such as bathing, feeding, toileting, lifting/positioning and dressing.. The provider will also provide supervision to ensure client safety and assistance with special need to assure that the health, safety, behavioral, nutritional and recreational needs are met. Oversees and/or administers EFM activities. Performs or requests emergency assistance as required.
Tasks & Responsibilities :
· Provides assistance with EFM’s daily living skills such as bathing, feeding, and toileting, lifting/positioning and dressing.
· Provides oversight and direction to the EFM to ensure safety with special needs.
· Provides assistance to clients who may be physically, mentally, emotionally, developmentally, intellectually challenged or other similarly related conditions.
· Uses discretion and makes decisions about requests for services.
· Prepares written responses to routine and non-routine inquiries about issues.
· Contributes to EFM’s support and needs by accomplishing related results as required.
· Maintains continuity among Respite Care Providers by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
· Other duties as required to assist the EFM.
Minimum Required Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
· High school diploma or equivalent and or / a combination of education, experience and training (at least one year) consistent with caring for children, youth or adults with special needs.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Must have and maintain required certifications for CPR and First Aid.
· Basic knowledge of the care of physically, mentally, emotionally, developmentally or intellectually challenged clients.
· A strong desire to help others.
· Ability to monitor situations and make quick assessment of services required.
· Ability to write reports about and record observations of the EFM.
· Ability to work a varied schedule in the same day or same week.
· Ability to keep EFM comfortable and safe.
· Ability to perform basic techniques in the care and assistance of the EFM.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Ability to work independently and operate with minimal supervision.
· Must be well organized and able to balance multiple assignments and be flexible with schedule to meet deadlines.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Must have a valid and current TB test.
Work is typically performed in the EFM’s home environment.
Requires sitting, lifting and providing aide as required to EFM.
May require lifting up to 50lbs.
Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Must be available on short notice and be quickly reached by telephone.
For more information, or to be considered as a Respite Care Provider, please go to EFMPRespite@sri-hq.com to complete our application and review the security requirements .
SRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and Affirmative Action Employer (AAE).
Strategic Resources, Inc. - 15 months ago