PURPOSE : Provides in home respite childcare services for families of children with OHP and an Axis 1 diagnosis where the child is at risk of out of home placement.
POSITION SPECIFIC : Position is on call: hours/days vary. Looking for Respite Providers for homes within Multnomah, Clackamas, and Washington Counties.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Attend to safety and well being of child in their home. This includes sight and sound supervision at all times.
- Provides evidence based interventions based on clients' interests, culture, abilities, strengths, and needs, according to the individual service and support plan.
- Role model healthy limit setting (structure) and respectful communication (nurture) that fits the child’s developmental stage.
- Communicate with child’s parents and clinical staff about activities, behaviors and related issues.
- Support child’s emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts. Role model interactive communication and assertive discipline (positive reinforcement).
- Plan and develop activities as appropriate for the child.
- Consults with supervisor on cases involving potential abuse or other family problems affecting clients' development and well being.
- May provide training to staff, caregivers, and family regarding issues of mental health, addiction and behavior management as it relates to clients.
- Meets standards for productivity, accuracy/quality of work, customer service and team work.
- Participate in regular individual and team meetings.
- Continually increase level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Documents and maintains client records to ensure compliance with agency and contract guidelines and confidentiality within specified timelines. Completes documentation in electronic health record system.
- Required to transport clients in a personal vehicle.
- Bachelor’s degree in areas of Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or a mental health related field OR a minimum of 3 years of prior experience working with the related population in the counseling field.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively; understand mental health assessments, treatment and service terminology, case management and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to provide culturally-competent treatment services to diverse client populations and maintain a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
- Previous experience in interventions and mental health skills training specific to children, adolescents and families.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Word. Ability to master proprietary software including electronic health record system required.
- Requires access to a car, a valid driver’s license, proof of current automobile insurance coverage and verification of safe driving record from DMV.