Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world's most prestigious hotels and resorts. Mandarin Oriental now operates, or has under development, over 10,000 rooms in 23 countries with 16 hotels in Asia, 14 in The Americas and nine in Europe and North Africa.
Our aim is to be widely recognized as the best luxury hotel group in the world, providing exceptional customer satisfaction in each of our hotels. The growth strategy of our Group is to successfully operate 10,000 rooms in major business centers and key leisure destinations around the world, whilst continuing to expand our presence globally. Our current portfolio reaches across four continents, and we remain firmly on track with our development plans.
About Mandarin Oriental, New York
A stunning fusion of modern design with stylish Oriental flair, Mandarin Oriental, New York features 248 elegant guestrooms and suites — all with breathtaking views of Manhattan and Five-Star hospitality. Luxurious amenities include Asiate , the hotel's elegant restaurant; MObar created by noted interior designer, Tony Chi; the Lobby Lounge with dramatic views of Central Park; a 14,500-square-foot, Five-Star Mandarin Oriental Spa; and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a 75-foot lap pool. In addition, there is premium meeting and event space, including a 6,000-square-foot pillar-less ballroom with three walls of windows overlooking Central Park. Located in Columbus Circle's Time Warner Center, Mandarin Oriental, New York is in an idyllic location just steps away from world-class dining, shopping and entertainment, including the Broadway Theater District, Lincoln Center, Central Park, Jazz at Lincoln Center and the Time Warner Center's collection of upscale retail shops and restaurants.
Scope of Position
Daily communication between all Culinary/F&B/operational department is very essential. Internal & external communication is of utmost importance. Respect and communication will promote an excellent environment in which to work and will provide for your guests a welcome feeling. You are expected to be a "team player," anticipate guest needs, and provide guests & colleagues with a friendly experience.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
The Sous Chef will take full responsibility for his or her outlet by leading, teaching and disciplining employees under the guidance of the Executive Chef, and the Executive Sous Chef. The selected individual will Strive to exceed guests expectations, while working as a team with other Sous Chefs.
Education and Training
- Prepare in accordance with quality, availability and seasonality and ensure market lists are completed on a daily and weekly basis
- Strive for perfection in the outlet, 100 % Guest satisfaction
- Assist and help coordinate all menu planning and implementation
- Ensure food standards and presentation are maintained and always improved
- Organize food production in an cost effective and hygienic manner
- Weekly schedule generation for outlet
- Assist in recruitment, training and discipline of all kitchen staff
- Provide coaching and discipline for outlet employees
- Maintain and monitor Safe and Sound Procedures
Experience and Skill Requirements
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Two year degree or Apprenticeship
- Up to Date Sanitation Classes
- Minimum of 2 years management experience in a high volume or fine dining establishment