A position in one of Ultima Hospitality's hotels can be a fun and rewarding career!
Ultima Hospitality is rooted in a core set of values; these values are evident in all that we do. As an associate on our team, our expectation is that you demonstrate these core values throughout your day and use them as a guide in your decision making process.
- Integrity : adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character and honesty in all that you do
- Accountability : being accountable, liable, or answerable for personal actions & decisions
- Performance : completion of tasks with the highest level of achievement
- Passion : powerful or compelling emotion or feeling toward what you do that exudes in your daily work, dedication
The Restaurant Bartender role is an extremely important role within the hotel and restaurant. This position will be responsible for taking accurate orders from customers, making food recommendations, pairing beverages and clearing/cleaning bar area once the meal has been completed. This role is also responsible for all opening and closing related activities for the bar area including cleaning. Candidates for this role must be able to handle cash and utilize a POS (Point of Sale) System to enter food and drink orders. This role requires someone with superior customer service skills and the ability to make conversation with a wide variety hotel guests, enhancing their overall stay at the hotel. The restaurant/bar is a team oriented environment and this position may be required to assist in other areas of the restaurant as needs arise. This role is in part compensated by tips received from the guest.
Hospitality is a 24/7 industry therefore, candidates should be able to work weekends and holidays as needed.
- Superior English Communication Skills (written & verbal)
- Basic food/beverage knowledge
- Professional, Warm Demeanor - Service Oriented
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage time and work well under pressure
- High School Diploma (or equivalent education/experience)
- TIPS Certified
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (which may include an entire shift)
- Ability to lift (up to 40 lbs), pull and bend continuously throughout a shift
- Previous hotel/restaurant experience helpful
- Ideal candidates will possess a minimum of 2 years of bartending experience within a similar environment.
EOE - M/F/D/V
Ultima Hospitality - 24 months ago